Brave the Storm and Embrace the Rain

Younger Years.

The next day the shop was buzzing with kids as they woke and began to skate during the time they had left before having to leave or pay again at noon. I woke up on the couch in the employee lounge with the twins sprawled out on either side of me. It was about 10 AM when I rolled off the couch and wandered into the skate shop. My Dad was sitting on the counter like I had been doing and Carter was standing next to him.

"Where are the rest of the guys?" I questioned as I entered sleepily, rubbing my eyes and then groaning when I noticed eyeliner on my fingers.

"Skating," Dad told me, "Morning."

I nodded as my response and waved at him offhandedly as I walked to the bathroom to fix myself up slightly. I wiped off all of my eyeliner and pulled my wild hair back into a loose ponytail. I had no intention of skating this early in the morning so I wandered back into the A Room with a sleepy smile on my face.

"Hey," Eadon whispered as his arms wrapped around my waist from behind.

I laughed and turned to face him. My own arms went around his shoulders as he pulled me out of the way of skaters. I replied, "Good morning," right before he pressed his lips against mine with a hum. His hair was in slight dissaray seeing as he had been up all night with his friends skating. His eyes were wide awake though, and I could only assume that he had spent loads of money on the pop machine that was stocked with every energy drink one could imagine.

"What are you doing today?" He asked as soon as he pulled away, also pulling me from my thoughts.

I shrugged, "Probably just going to hang around the house or something. Why?"

A grin came over Eadon's face and he tightened his grip around my waist. His fingers slid up under the back of my shirt and rubbed against my flesh. I smiled softly as he leaned in and whispered into my ear,

"I'm headed out to eat with the guys, you should come."

I tried to hide my smile as I nodded against him, "Sounds like fun," I murmured into his ear as he kissed the skin right behind mine.

He nodded, "It should be. The guys have a habit of getting kicked out of restaurants," He laughed loudly and took my hand. He pulled me through out the park to were his friends were camped out. They were grabbing onto their skate boards and abandoning their spot when we walked up.

"Eadon, you ready to go, man? Hey Indy." Kalib asked when we appeared.

"Yeah. Indy's coming with us," He stated with a grin as his fingers flexed and then wrapped back around mine.

I offered my own smile and then pulled my fingers away from his, "Let me go tell my Dad," I murmured as I turned to go.

Eadon grasped onto my hand again, "We'll come with you. You can tell him on the way out."

I pursed my lips nervously, wondering how my Dad would react when he would see me walking up with four guys, the others all older than Eadon. "Uhh," I murmured as I thought, "Sure. Just don't piss him off or anything." I said while glaring at Reid who seemed to have a habit of saying the wrong thing at the wrong time.

Reid held his hands up in defense as the others laughed at him. I sighed and walked besides Eadon as he led his friends out of the park. We passed Arin who held a look on his face that I couldn't quite decipher but I knew that it couldn't be good.

My Dad was standing at the same counter he'd been at when we walked up although now he had the twins standing there with him, holding each of his hands as they waited for their Mom to come and pick them up. Maddox and Wyler became excited when they saw me walking towards them and that made my father look in my direction as well. His eyes narrowed and he pursed his lips as he noticed Eadon's hand clasped with mine.

"I'm gonna go hang out, okay?" I told Dad as Eadon and I stopped in front of the counter, Eadon's friends stood back slightly.

Dad looked Eadon up and down, taking in his wrinkled clothes, disheveled hair and cocky smirk as he stood next to me. "When are you going to be home?" Dad asked.

I looked to Eadon who shrugged slightly. "I'm not sure," I answered my Dad.

He seemed uneasy so I elbowed Eadon in the ribs, smiling as he hissed but wiped the smirk off of his lips. It seemed to calm down my father slightly when he realized that I had control over Eadon and not the other way around... Or at least, not completely.

"Go on," Dad murmured, probably remembering his own younger years when he too was a 'skater boy'. His smile changed to one of unease as he remembered all the trouble he used to cause right here in Jersey so I yanked Eadon and the guys out of the shop before Dad could hyper ventilate.

"Bye Dad, bye boys. See you later."

I didn't look back as Eadon led his friends and I out and to a couple of really nice cars that sat at the far end of the parking lot. All I could think about was the fact that I was in for just a little bit of fun in my life.