Status: Rated 'R' for strong language, violence, and some sexual content

Blood Lust

Vampire Hunters

The pair walked in and looked around the large, lavishly decorated house. The Lady Selphius closed the door quickly behind them.

“Where’s the book?” She held her hand out and looked critically at Cicilia.

“The book?” She blinked a few times, she had obviously forgotten about the lie to get in.

“That you wanted signed…”

“Oh! Yes, that book! Cyril, where did you put my book?”

“I thought you had it, oh well, looks like we forgot it. Lady Sel-”

“Out.” She opened the door and pointed out it.

“I-if you’ll just listen for-”

“Didn’t I just tell you to get out of my house? I don’t want to listen to you, I want you to get out. Good day sir.”

“Please, if you’ll just-”

“I said good day!”

“Fine! See if we care what happens to you! Come on Cyril.” Cicilia grabbed her brother’s hand and tried to pull him out the door while he attempted to reason with Lady Filioque.

“Can’t I just sa-”

“No you may not say anything. Trust me, I’ve heard everything your kind has had to say.”

“You’ve had other vampire hunters come here?” Cicilia let go of Cyril’s hand and turned around quickly. A shocked look on her face as she looked at Selphius.

“Vampire hunters?” She laughed, “So that’s your new ploy?”

“P-ploy?” Cicilia blankly stared at the other young woman, clearly confused as to what she was talking about.

Cyril hit his forehead with the palm of his hand. She thought he was using his sister to get closer to her. He set his briefcase on a nearby table.

“Don’t put your things down! I told you to leave!”

He sighed and opened it, revealing a vampire killing kit. “Do you believe my sister now?”

She sat down hard in a chair. “You’re either very determined, or you’re both idiots.” She leaned back and rang a small bell. “Olivia!”

Idiots!?” They both yelled this at her, completely outraged.

A maid came in carrying a basin of water. She set it down next to Selphius’s chair and laid a wet rag on her forehead.

“Why must everything give me a migraine today?”

Uh, excuse me, but please explain how me and my brother are idiots.”

“For hunting the supernatural.”

“You cannot tell me you don’t believe in vampires! They’re everywhere! There are-”

Cyril put his hand over his sister’s mouth. “Not everyone knows about them.” He whispered, “ It’s always a guarantee peasants and clergy do, but the higher up the social ladder you go the more possible it is to find people that don’t know.”

“B-but how can she not believe! How can you not! All your books…they…they had.” A few tears welled up in her eyes, she was getting frustrated.

“Works of fiction, I’m allowed to use the superstition of the lower classes in works of fiction.” She removed the rag from her forehead, “Fantastic adventures and tragic horrors about great evil and the supernatural sell. I can’t help that the unwashed masses have some bizarre fascination with these things.”

“C-cyril, tell her!” The tears were falling now and she stamped her foot as she looked at her brother pleadingly. She had never been contradicted like this before by someone other than her brothers.

“I don’t ask you to believe us.”

“Good.”

“W-what?” She looked back and forth between the two.

“All I ask is that you allow us to sleep her tonight. It’s getting late and our home is a very long way from here.”

“Sure. Just don’t bother me while you’re here. Olivia, show them to the guest rooms…”
♠ ♠ ♠
Its been a long time comming, but I finally updated this story! Sorry I made you guys wait so long, hopefully I'll get better about updating stuff.

Anyway thanks for reading and commenting and stuff.
-Sheikara