Here's Your Sign

Road Sign Sixteen: Uncontrolled Crosswalk

"Ans, hun, wake up." I groan and turn away from the voice. "Babe, you have an appointment today. And you have to get your job back." I whimper, sitting up with my eyes half open.

"What time is it?"

"11 A.M. You have an hour to get ready." He kisses my cheek, leaving me to get dressed.

Ugh.... Why'd I open my mouth about those meds? I guess for nights when I'm away from Ryan....I just hate taking them....Oh well

The hot water wakes me up and I start to move faster. I finish up and get downstairs by 11:30.

"Good, we can go for brunch." Ryan's arms wrap around me as I hit the last step.

"Where are you two going?!" Bam yells from the pool hall.

"Out!"

"How does he know we're leaving?" I'm trailing behind Dunn now.

"I was playin' pool with him, but stopped when I heard you coming downstairs."

"Oh wow...." I laugh and get in his car. He smiles at me before peeling out. "HA! I've corrupted you."

"In more ways than one babe." He holds my hand for a minute.

"I hope I don't have to go back into therapy."

"You shouldn't have to. Besides, I'll just explain who you live with and that therapy couldn't even begin to help." We laugh.

"I'd just spend more time in there. Totally not what I want."

"Yea. That means less time for me."

"Nerd."

"Random Hero."

"There's no difference."

"You're mean."

"You're dating me."

"Oh yea, blame it on me. What about the fact that your fuckin' awesome and completely fuck-able? Blame that for all my problems."

"Problems? Pull over."

"Why?"

"Just do it."

"Fine." Carefully I climb into his lap. "What are you doing? We have to be the...." I stop him with a kiss. He moans into it as I undo his pants and lower myself onto him.

Car sex. The best kind of sex. Especially when it's slow and sensual. Which is what Ryan and I had.

"You weren't wearing underwear; you planned that." We're driving again.

"So." I pull my undies from my purse and slip them on. "It was fun."

"You like sex."

"I like your sex. It makes me feel good."

"Sex makes everyone happy."

"Not always. The first few times I had sex it made me mad. But with you it's different. I care that I might be bad or totally turn you off with something. With the other three I couldn't care less."

"You like me. You really like me." He wipes away a fake tear.

"Yes I do. Oh! Look at that, we're going to be late. Might as well not go."

"Anslie, baby, you need to go. I don't want you to have those nightmares."

"Okay, I'll go."

"Thank you." He takes my hand and kisses it. "I'll buy you some banana nut muffins afterward."

"You're awesome!"

"That's why I'm the Random Hero."

"Eh."

"Hey!"

"Oh would ya' look at that! We're here." I get out of he car.

"Don't change the subject."

"Oh chill Ryan." He pulls me into a hug.

Ryan
I look into her eyes, "I know we haven't been together very long, but I really care about you. You have no idea how scared I was last night. You seemed so scared and I couldn't do much to drive the fear away." She kisses me softly.

"That's the only reason I'm doing this."

"Because I asked you to?" She nods. "I'm glad I mean so much to you." She buries her head in my neck. "Come on, you have a meeting to get to." She sighs while pulling away. I take her hand and lead her into the building.