Here's Your Sign

Road Sign Twenty: Fire Area Keep Out

Anslie
He tells me he's in love with me and then puts me on a plane. Some boyfriend.

I settle in for a long flight. Sleep overcomes me shortly after the plane gets in the air. Ryan and I didn't do much sleeping last night. I had to leave him something to remember.

"Mademoiselle, we 'ave landed." I guess I slept the whole way. As soon as I step into the gate, my chest starts hurting. I take a minute to straighten out my breathing. Walking out of the airport, Ryan's voice flits through my head.

"I don't want you to ever be afraid of me Anslie."

I stop cold as realization slams into me. I am afraid of him. I'm scared shitless that he'll make me change. I know he won't ask me to, but I think I'd do it willingly. I run back into the airport.

"Can I exchange this for the next flight to Pennsylvania?" I hand her my ticket.

"Sure thing sweetheart." She taps away at the keyboard. "Next flight leaves in 30 minutes."

"Thank you." I take my new boarding pass and walk back to the terminal. Once at the gate, I plop into one of those uncomfortable chairs. My chest tightens again.

After 30 minutes of hell, I am on a plane for the second time today.

What the heck am I doing?! GET OFF THE PLANE ANSLIE!! Travel Europe!!

My mind continues to scream at me, but my body refuses to respond. A fire begins to blaze in my chest as I sit there. Soon, all I can hear is the crackling of the intense flames burning throughout my torso. For the duration of the trip, I can concentrate on nothing else.

My entire body is consumed by the fire as I get in a cab. My breathing is labored during my walk to the front door. I want nothing more than to drop to the floor in agony as I ignore the burning stares of my friends. Well, there is one thing I want more. I race up the stairs, following an all to familiar path. Slamming the door open, I glance around with stinging eyes and ragged breathing.

Ryan stands from the bed and I am beside him in an instant.

"Baby?"

"I'm in love with you too Ryan."

All the pain is gone.

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
That's it homies... Hope you enjoyed it.