Here's Your Sign

Road Sign Seven: Two Way Traffic

"Yea!" Sitting in front of me is my silver Mustang.

"How?" I run my hand over it.

"The cops pulled the guy over for speeding and ran a check."

"Ville had called it in right after you called him; so they called Bam's cell while we were in Vegas and Ville confirmed it was your car."

"How?"

"He told them there should be almost $4000 in the glove compartment."

"Oh." I hug my car. "DUNN!!"

"WHAT?" I throw his key back at him. "THANKS!!" I wave and go back to inspecting my baby.

"Why did you have his key?"

"He let me borrow his car while y'all were gone." I rub the hood of my car and sigh. Then I go back inside. "Thanks for getting my car back." I hug Ville and Bam.

"No problem." I sit next to Dunn on the couch and lean back.

"We should get drunk tonight."

"I can't. I have work tomorrow."

"Well at least come with us."

"Fine."

I haven't talked to Billy in a while.

I call him and tell him about my car and my job.

"Who's riding with me?" Dunn gets volunteered so we leave.

"Did you have fun while we were gone?"

"Yea. I didn't have to sleep with the door locked for once. Felt nice." He laughs. "Did you take any pictures?"

"Yea. I'll get them developed tomorrow."

"Sweet."

~%~%~%~%~%~TRA-LA-LA ~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%

A couple months pass and I'm still at Bam's. Ville and Jonna have left and the guys met Ali. She and Novak have been an item for two months. They still don't know where I work. And, of all the random things, I still share a room with Dunn.

"Holy shit!"

"What?"

"I have enough money to get back on the road." Everyone stops eating. "What?"

"You're leaving?"

"Yeah."

"Why?"

"Why not? Guys, I told you before I wasn't staying forever." They all get sad, drawn faces. "Ah come on. Don't do that." Bam sinks in his chair. I sigh and get up, clearing my plate.

Why are they sad? I told them not to get attached because I wasn't staying. I mean I'm grateful to Bam for letting me stay here and to Dunn for sharing his room, but I can't settle here.

My cell ringing brings me out of my thoughts. "Hello?"

"You are not leaving."

"Ville, you're not my mom."

"You are staying there Anslie. I mean it."

"You're in Finland and by the time you get here I'll be gone."

"Anslie Sara Marshall! If you leave, I'll force you to move to Finland when I find you!"

"Then you'll never find me." I hang up and start packing.

"Can you at least wait until morning?" I jump at the sound of Dunn's voice.

"Why? So you can tie me to the bed and force me to stay? I think not."

"Anslie...."

"If I promise to come and visit will you shut up?" He nods. "Here." I take off the charm bracelet my dad gave me.

"Whoa....why are you giving me this?"

"It feels right. And you can have the rest of my banana nut muffins." I grab my bags and go downstairs.

"You're really leaving?" I nod. " But....Ali doesn't live here....I'll be the only girl."

"Aw.... Jenn, you were before I got here. You'll be fine. And you've got my number." I hug her and go out to my car. Waving, I back out of the snake drive.

Dunn
I stare down at the bracelet she gave me. I sigh before setting it on my dresser.

She left her chain too.

Putting it on, I go to the Pirate Bar.

Anslie
I lean against my car and breath deep. I'm in Yellowstone Park. I left the guys 2 months ago. They haven't called me and I haven't called them.

HEY! I'll go visit Billy!

I hop in my car and start driving to Maryland. Good Charlotte is at home right now for a break.

~@*~@*~@*~@*~@*~@*~@*~@*~@*~@*~@*

"Anslie?"

"Hey Billy. What's up?"

"Nothing. What are you doing here?"

"Thought I'd stop by."

"Stop by? You live in Pennslyvania."

"No I don't. I left Bam's almost three months ago."

"Why?!"

"One morning I realized I had enough money to get back on the road so I did. Shit!"

"What?"

"I promised to visit. Bah! I haven't talked to them since I left. They probably won't care."

Dunn
"You said she promised to visit."

"She did."

"Well where is she?! It's been 3 months!!"

"Chill. Call her and ask her to come." Bam stops pacing.

"Good idea."

Anslie
Billy and I are laughing at Ed Edd and Eddy when my cell rings.

"Hello?"

"Hey Anslie."

"Oh hey Bam. Long time no talk."

"Come for a visit."

"Okay. I'll be there tomorrow." I hang up. "Well Billy, I have to get on the raod."

"Alright. Bye." We hug and I head out to my car.