Running From Lions

002

I looked up to see Jonah pushing dad away from him as he threw stuff around his room, smashing anything he could get his hands on.

There was a loud bang but that came from next door and I jumped as I heard someone shout at the top of their voice.

“Your what!” and recognized it to be Mr Gaskarth.

I wondered what secrets their household kept and if they knew anything about Jonah’s issues, I laughed as I thought how hard my parents tried to keep it quiet but people always talked in this sort of neighborhood.

The back door of the Gaskarth house was ripped open.

“Dad get over it I’m bisexual there’s nothing you can do about it!” shouted Alex as he stormed out and I stared in shock at what I’d heard.

I begged that he wouldn’t see me but as he walked down their garden their security light came on and the light hit me and I saw him stare at me in shock as I sat there.

“Rory,” he said and I waved awkwardly pulling my jacket round me.

“Did you just hear me?” he asked and I nodded slowly and he punched the garage sitting down.

I stayed quiet not really knowing what to do when there was a quiet from my house and mom signaled through the window to go back inside.

I stood up and saw him look at me and didn’t know what to say.

“I’m sorry I…” I started but he cut in.

“Fuck off!” he shouted and I rolled my eyes walking in.

Why he hated me I don’t know, I never did anything to hurt him. I just wanted to be his friend, after all I could do with one but he just shot me down every time.

He was one of the few who didn’t care who my brother was and I liked that about him but he wouldn’t talk to me.

I walked upstairs to see Jonah sat on the floor crying and I walked in but he just stared at me blank, I wanted to ask him why, to know what made him be this way but talking to him would bring it all on again.

I stood there waiting for a signal of what mood he was truly in when he nodded and I sat down opposite him watching his every move.

He wiped his hands across his face and I smiled at him but apparently he wasn’t in the mood for that.

“Fuck off Rory!” he shouted and I got up walking to my room locking the door behind me.

Looks like school might be eventful tomorrow I thought as I got into bed falling asleep.