Running From Lions

029

I tried to speak but I couldn’t form words, their eyes locked on mine and I shook my head shaking myself out of whatever had gotten hold of me.

“Get off him,” I snapped and I was ignored, they shook their head and looked back past me and I stayed still. That was a hint to leave but I couldn’t.

“Jonah get off him!” I shouted and he looked at me, his hand fell from their mouth.

“Rory leave now,” they said through tears and I shook my head.

I couldn’t leave anyone like this.

“What are you doing?” I asked but Jonah just turned back on the person reattaching his lips to their neck.

“Leave now!” Jonah shouted at me.

“Go!” they mouthed at me and I shook my head.

“Rory please go!” they said quietly and I just stood there in tears.

“Shut up!” my brother growled at them and I started to shake.

“Jonah stop it!” I begged but he never listened.

“Jonah don’t ignore me, this is wrong!” I shouted at him as he dug his fingers into the skin of the person chest and they moved backwards trying to escape his touch but it wouldn’t work; he had them pinned against the wall.

“Jonah what the fuck are you doing?” I shouted at him.

“Push him off you,” I said but they shook their head terrified.

“Go home,” they begged but I refused to leave.

What sort of a person would I be if I just went home and ignored my brother forcing himself on someone down an alleyway who blatantly did not want this to happen?

“Jonah!” I shouted but he ignored my existence, was he willing to do this in front of me?

“Do something,” I said to them.

“I can’t and neither can you, go home. Please,” they begged but I shook my head as I saw Jonah hand trace down their topless body leaving a line of blood.

I’d had enough of Jonah treating people like they were nothing; he was not doing this to anyone let alone them!

“Jonah stop it right fucking now!” I shouted grabbing his arm and pulling him off them and their eyes widened as they tried to grab him and pull him back towards them.

Why were they crying and begging him to stop if when I helped they wanted him back?

“I said leave!” Jonah shouted and I felt a pain in my side.

“Jonah,” I cried out and he pulled away covering his mouth with his hand.

“You fucking twat!” I heard them shout before punching Jonah and grabbing me.

Jonah’s hands were covered in blood and I couldn’t make sense of it until they grabbed me pulling my phone from my pocket as they pressed their hand on my side.

“Ambulance now! The alleyway that connects Westfield drive and Carlton Boulevard on the east side of town, quick!” they shouted down the phone before dropping it on the floor.

“Why didn’t you listen to me?” they cried as I saw blood on their free hand.

“Rory speak to me,” they demanded.

“I…what happened?” I asked and they wiped my tears away.

“I told you to go, I begged you Rory. Now look what’s happened? I was walking and he came from nowhere and started talking to me. I thought we’d be okay but when we got here he grabbed me and refused to let me move, I pushed him off me but he forced me against the wall. He threatened me as he pulled my top off and I tried to get away and he cut me. He just kept forcing himself on me and I didn’t know what to do,” they cried.

I tried to breathe but the pain in my side got worse.

“I can’t…my side hurts,” I cried and they nodded.

“I know babe, I know. It’ll be okay they’ll be here soon,” they reassured.

“Jonah?” I asked and they looked at the floor and I heard crying.

“Rory,” I heard my brother cry.

“Now look what you’ve done, I hope your fucking happy now. Look at her!” they shouted.

“I’m fine,” I lied as I tried to move but they stopped me.

Everything went hazy.

“Rory!” I heard them shout.

“Alex,” I managed to say before blacking out.