Running From Lions

038

I woke up late the next morning and had to rush to get ready for my doctors visit, we walked in silence not wanting to really talk about the night before.

I saw the doctor she said I was fine and that everything was okay and told me that I didn’t need to come back anymore, Jack walked me to work before going to his job.

“I’ll see you later okay?” he said and I nodded turning to walk off and he grabbed my hand.

“I’m sorry,” he said as he kissed my cheek and left and I wandered off upstairs to see Xavier sat in my chair.

“Hello thank God you’re here I hate your job,” he said standing up and handing me a bunch of papers.

“I have no clue where anything goes and they sent me to cover for you. So thanks Rory Zanda,” he said with a smile and I nodded.

He looked at me and then smiled.

“I have to go back to my real job now, talk later,” he said and I nodded sitting in my chair as he walked off.

I sorted through the papers he’d given me in less than 20 minutes and was sat bored. Monday afternoons were so quiet it was unbelievable.

The phone rang and is aw it was an internal number that I recognized to be Xavier’s.

“Hello,” I said and I saw him looking out his window doing nothing.

“So Rory want to tell me what’s up?” he asked and I sighed.

“At work?” I asked.

“Yes we have nothing to do so start talking,” he said and I told him everything and he sighed.

“Rory I know it sounds sucky but I think Jack’s maybe right. He’s doing what’s best for you both and you know it, staying together would be difficult and if he thinks he can’t do it then you’d be wrong to force him,” Xavier said as the boss walked past and lingered at the edge of his desk.

Xavier sat upright on his chair.

“Like I was saying madam I think you should come by the offices sometime next week and we can discuss the matter in full, let me put you back through to reception and they’ll make you an appointment,” he said hanging up and I smiled at him as the boss walked off.

I answered the phone a few more times and noticed Xavier was missing and wondered where he’d gone but then him disappearing wasn’t strange, he did it a lot and he was always doing something to cover the fact he wasn’t doing his work.

He normally went to look for something in the archives when he was really on his cell to Alex who would be out back of the music shop sorting through new deliveries.