Running From Lions

039

* Jacks Pov *

“Xavier are you busy, I really need to talk to you,” I whispered down the phone while looking over my shoulder to make sure I was alone.

How the hell Alex did this without jumping every time he heard a noise I didn’t know, I’d volunteered to work on the stores out back so I could use my phone.

“Well yeah I am at work, I thought you were too?” he asked quietly.

“Yeah I am, you always have time to talk to Alex so make time for me this is important,” I said and I heard him sigh before putting me on hold.

A few minutes later I heard him again.

“If I get caught your in trouble,” he warned and I rolled my eyes.

“You risk it all the time for Alex so shut up,” I snapped at him getting frustrated.

“Yeah but you won’t…”

“Okay don’t finish that sentence Xavier! I really need to talk to you okay,” I said picking up a box and opening it to see what was inside before taking it over to where it should be.

“Oh we need to talk alright, you’re breaking up with Rory?” he asked sounding shocked.

“Only if she moves to Florida and you know it makes sense Xavier,” I said as I stood staring at the boxes in front of me.

“I know but it sucks big time,” he said and I nodded to myself.

“Well at least it’s only a possibility,” he said and I sighed as that aching feeling came to my throat.

“It’s not a possibility, its reality. Rory was on about what if her mom sold their house without letting her know so I checked it out, I goggled it and I rang the person who sold us our house. He said that he couldn’t tell me anything but he’d spoken to Rory’s mom. I rang mom and convinced her to pretend to be someone who was interested in moving to the area and the guy told her that Rory’s house isn’t up for sale because it’s been sold 2 days ago,” I said as I felt tears in my eyes.

“What?” Xavier shouted.

“Yeah she’s sold it without letting anyone know! Rory’s leaving and she doesn’t even know it,” I said as I felt a tear on my cheek and I wiped it away.

“Dude what are you going to do, you have to tell her,” Xavier said and I stayed quiet.

“Jack are you crying?” he asked and I wiped my eyes.

“No,” I lied and I heard the smile in his voice.

“Yes you are, your crying,” he said sounding smug.

“Yes okay I am,” I snapped at him and he laughed before sighing.

“So this is it for you 2 then,” he said and I sighed.

“No,” I said.

“What? You said you’d break up,” he stated.

“I know but when the reality came I can’t do it Xavier, I can’t break up with her,” I admitted and he sighed.

“But we both know long distance won’t make you happy Jack,” he said and I sighed.

“I know which is why I need your help,” I said and I explained everything to him and he agreed to help me and he hung up getting on to his part of the plan while I finished my job working out my part.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been awhile but I've been busy and I'm going away for a few days so I won't be updating for a few days :(