Running From Lions

041

“I said we break up but faced with the reality it’s harder than you think, look Rory I don’t know how to say this…”

“It’s okay I get it,” I lied as he shook his head.

“No Rory you don’t,” he said quietly.

“I do Jack you spoke about it enough last night. It’s okay,” I stated.

“Rory I did something and you can say no but well I might have agreed to have the apartment downstairs,” he said and I just looked at him confused.

“What?” I asked and he nodded slowly.

“I spoke to the bank and my parents and I got Xavier to talk to the guy who owns it and well he agreed to let me have it. I guess I mean us,” he said and I just looked at him.

“Rory I’m asking you to stay here and live with me, I don’t want you to go anywhere and I don’t want to break up. I want you to stay here and I think we can really live together if we can’t then we can work it out some other way and Xavier’s agreed to persuade Alex into swapping apartments with me if we can’t live together well. Please don’t go to Florida Rory,” he begged and I just didn’t know what to do.

It all came at the same time, leaving, and the idea of breaking up and then he wants me to stay and live with him!

“Rory,” he said and I looked at the floor before nodding.

“Okay,” I said and he smiled.

“Really? You’ll stay?” he asked and I nodded as he hugged me.

“I thought it through, with our jobs put together we have enough to pay for it every month plus its got that extra room like there’s has so if you wanted your brother could stay with us when he got out of where he is now until he found somewhere,” he said and I smiled at him.

“Really?” I asked and he nodded.

“Yeah Rory anything I don’t care as long as your staying here,” he said and I smiled.

“Why are you crying?” he asked and I laughed.

“Because I’m happy,” I said as he opened the door back into Xavier’s.

“She’s staying!” he shouted and before I knew it Xavier had grabbed us both followed by Alex.

“Nice one not telling me you 2!” Alex snapped jokingly and then I remembered mom.

“I have to go, mom wants me home,” I said and they all let go.

“I’ll come too,” Jack said and we left running home so mom didn’t think we were late.

“Do I tell her now?” I asked and he shrugged.

“Its your choice but my parents know I’m asking you,” he said and I sighed as I opened the front door.