Running From Lions

008

Jack appeared in front of me.

“Stop, is he why you have that bruise and no lunch?” he asked and I nodded as he hugged me catching my back and I squirmed in pain.

His cold hand found the back of my top pulling it up to reveal a purple bruise and grazed skin on my back from the alley earlier.

“Have you shown that to someone?” he asked and I shook my head.

“Rory it’s swollen, it’s burning hot,” he said lightly running his hand over it. His cold hand eased the pain and he kept it there.

“Him?” he asked.

“He doesn’t mean it he’s just got some problems,” I explained.

“Problems?” asked Alex.

“Yeah it’s fine, I best go find him,” I said starting to walk but they stayed with me.

“No leave him, what sort of problems?” Jack asked.

“Alcohol, drugs that sort of thing, he gets angry sometimes,” I admitted.

“Is that why your always in your back yard?” asked Alex.

“See why I wanted a friend now? Everyone’s my friend because they’re scared of my brother not because they like me! 3 years he’s been like this and for 3 years I tried to be your friend but your horrible to me! He’s bad enough I don’t need it from you,” I said pointing after Jonah.

“I’m sorry,” offered Alex.

“I best go home before he comes back, I’ll get you the money Jack and I’d appreciate it if you don’t tell anyone this,” I said walking home.

As soon as Jacks hand left my back the pain started again.

I heard footsteps, as Alex appeared next to me.

“Do you want to stay at mine tonight? Jack’s coming too,” he asked.

“No it’s fine but thanks,” I replied as he touched my arm.

“Come on it’s my way of saying sorry for being a jerk for 3 years, we can get to know each other. The 3 of us can be friends,” he said and I nodded.

Anything to get away from home.

“Thanks,” I smiled and they came to mine to get some stuff for me to stay over.