Watching Through My Window

Trois

Mick walked up while Vic and I were still talking.

"I thought you were visiting Nat not having a date in the cemetery."

"Shut up. We are hanging out," I said trying to cover the color in my cheeks.

"Just the two of you? Isn't that still a date," Mick asked in a smart-ass tone.

"No! Nate's with us. God, they make it seem like you're invisible Nate," Victoria said looking at the stone. Mick raised his eyebrow giving me the 'you sure pick the weird ones' look. I rolled my eyes as some new color sunk into my cheekbones.

"So kiddies, is it alright if you head out? I'm stopping to grab some pizza. Do you guys wanna come," Mick asked rocking back and forth on his heels.

"I'm coming Mick. Victoria are you coming?"

"I don't know; how will it look for your rep," she said hesitantly. I knew she wanted to come.

"Who cares? Tiff dumped me, that's going to kill my rep already. Why not come have some fun? Mick doesn't bite I promise."

She giggled, "I'm more afraid of you."

"He doesn't bite, sweetie."

"I really should be getting home though. My mom will be wondering."

"Please, I'm pretty sure she'll be willing to get down on his knees and beg. That would not be a pretty sight," Mick said embarrassing me again.

"I guess I could come."

I almost shouted 'yes', almost. I caught myself. "That's cool."

"Jamie, can I have a ride, I walked here." He's bringing out all the embarrassing things isn't he?

"Can I have a ride too? I walked also."

"You walked all the way here from our neighborhood," I asked in shock.

She nodded, "I went home, dropped off my stuff, and headed straight here. I didn't plan on staying this long."

"Sure, you can come. Anyone's welcome, just as long as they fit into my car," I stood up dusting off my jeans.

"Oh, I don't know if all my fat can fit into that tiny car," Vic said looking down and poking her barely existent stomach.

"Oh yes, because you are so incredibly fat," I tell her swatting away her hand.

"Good, you see it too," she laughed poking herself one more time before standing up also.

"So guys, can we get pizza now," Mick practically whined walking over to my car and then climbed in.

"Ladies first," I said holding open the door for Victoria to climb in. I could tell she was blushing slightly. I shut the door before walking over to my own and sitting inside. "So, pizza it is," I smiled as the wind blew through my open window and I could swear I heard a joyful laugh.