Watching Through My Window

Sept

"Which kind of cat food am I supposed to buy," I mumbled to myself. This was really frustrating, I know practically nothing about animals, especially cats. I'd been standing here staring at the different types of food for about ten minutes. "I'll just get some of each kind. She better not be a picky cat." I grabbed a few of each kind of cat food's shoving them in my basket. I then picked out a few toys and some cat dishes. "Fucking cat," I grumbled once again as I walked up to the check-out isle.

"Thirty-one dollars and sixty-nine cents," the lady said putting the items into bags.

"Damn cat," I pulled out the given amount and grabbed my bags stalking out to my car. "Schonheit, you better not be picky. You are very lucky that Nat gave you to me too, or else I swear you'd be out on the street right now." The damn thing just purred at me like it had all the innocence in the world. I glared at her and then pulled out of the parking lot and headed down the road towards my house. When we reached the house I pulled out the bags and Kleine Schwarze Schonheit and took everything in.

I set Schonheit down on my bed and then pulled out her kitty bed setting in on an unused part of my desk, right in the sun. She would probably end up sleeping on my bed anyway, but that doesn't matter right now. I set down one of the toys on the cat bed and the other next to her. I then took all that food and stuck it in the top of my closet, where it was practically unreachable for her. I put her bowls down next to the side of the desk where I wasn't going to trip over them.

I laid down on my bed almost squishing Schonheit, but luckily she moved out of the way. After I was comfortable I called Schonheit back over which she gladly did and laid on top of my stomach. Maybe having this cat wouldn't be so bad after all. I mean she did score points with Victoria, she was soft and warm, maybe she could help my mom get over her drinking problem, probably not but still it's a hope right? On top of all that Kleine Schwarze Schonheit was incredibly cute, and a gift from Nat, what could go wrong?