Watching Through My Window

Huit

I struggled to contain a string of swear words while I was jumping around my room trying to put my pants on, trying to dodge Schonheit. School stared soon and I was still running around my room trying to pull things together. I forgot to set my alarm clock last night and now Schonheit seemed to be trying to get me to not go into school.

"Schonheit, get off my bag. I need to go, I'll be home later. I will take you to go visit Nate later," I lectured the animal. I use the same philosophy with animals as the one with young children. The one where if you talk to a child like an adult they'll learn better. I figure it works with animals the same way.

I picked up the animal and placed her on my bed. I picked up my bag and made sure that I had everything inside it. I sighed realizing that I didn't have my needed notebooks. I doubled back to my desk dropping the books into my bag before slinging it over my shoulder.

"Bye Schonheit, be a good girl and stay in my room. I'll be back soon Hun," I said patting her head.

I ran out of the house and hopped into my car. I turned it on cursing as it stalled. It finally worked and I pulled out of the driveway, speeding to the stop sign. I was approaching the school quickly when I saw someone walking. I sighed and slowed down.

"Victoria, do you need a ride," I called out the car window to her.

"Are you offering," she shouted back.

"No, I'm just asking because I feel like being rude. Get in the damn car."

She ran across the street and pulled the door open. Sitting down, she placed her bag on the floor by her feet. "Thanks man."

"You're welcome," I said, driving quickly once again.

"What's got you in such a hurry?"

"We're late," I answered simply.

"Then why don't we just skip," she asked like it was the answer to everything. "It might be the easiest thing to do now."

"Won't you get in trouble," I asked looking at her.

"I couldn't care right now. Let's just go have some fun, please," she said happily. How could I deny that simple expectation?

"I guess we could." She smiled excitedly and we abandoned our drive to school.