Water & Destruction

Chapter 1

"Aleena! Come down here please," My dad called. I rolled my eyes, the only times that he wanted to talk to me, were when he had bad news, and had a bribe. You see, my dad's a big hot shot in the corpral world; he owns his own company, and goes out of town, almost every week. Leaving my clumsy ass, to fend for myself. I say fend, because I can't do anything without it turning bad. It's like I've got this omnious black cloud of doom that follows me everywhere. When the Twin Towers fell, I was there. When Hurricane Katrina hit, I was there. Then, after said disaster hit, absolute chaos erupted. This happened with even the littlest of things. Like, once I was at the mall, and this little girl didn't get a toy she wanted. Being entertained, I started watching to see her reaction, and she went from totally calm, to psycho. Complete with the thrashing of arms, scratching, and screaming. It was beyond weird. "ALEENA!" My dad yelled. I figured I'd better answer, and said, "Okay, I'm coming, hold your horses!" As I walked down the stairs, I started to wonder what kind of bribe I would get. Last time, I got a gorgeous Prada bag, and some Jimmy Choo's. Sadly, labels are the only things I can recognize, I've got really bad dyslexia, it's so embarrissing. Interrupting my personal pity party, I jumped the last step, and walked into the living room. "I'm here, what do you want," I said to my dad. "Well, look out the window darling, and you'll
see," He replied. I gave him a questioning look, peered outside, and almost died. Sitting in the driveway was a brand new, 2011 black Porche. "Oh my god! Is that for me?!" I screamed. My dad just smiled and nodded. Then, my face fell, as I realized that a present this big, meant he was going somewhere far away, for a long time. "Where are you going this time dad?" I said. He frowned, knowing that I had caught him. "Sydney, Austrailia. We're going to try and negotiate a deal." My face fell even more. "How long are you going to be gone?" I asked. "Four or five months," He replied. I nodded, unable to understand why he felt it was necessary to leave his only daughter for five months, without supervision. I mean yeah, it's not like I was 10 or anything, but at 16, you need someone to watch you part of the time. And, it's not like I had a mom to watch me or anything, she bailed before I turned one. I looked up at him, trying to hold back tears, and said "Where are the keys?" He studied me for a minute, and then said, "In the car." I turned on my heel, and was out the door before he could say another word. Climbing into my car, I had a sudden urge to drive it right into my house, but resisted. A Porche is way to pretty to waste. So, instead, I figured I'd go for a very long ride. I slipped the keys into the ignition, and backed out of the driveway. Then, I turned up my radio, and took off at speeds I should've been arrested for. After about 30 minutes, I had to pee, and saw a side road up ahead. Thinking that it would lead to a gas station, I swerved on to it. OneRepublic's "Secret" came on, and I turned up the radio, belting out the lyrics. The song ended, and I noticed it had started to get dark. So, I flipped on my headlights, and turned off the radio, so I could concentrate. Being ADHD, I couldn't help but look around also. Shit, I was so lost. There were now trees instead of the highway everywhere. A suspicious feeling that I was being watched, crept up my spine. I sped up, inching the speedometer to 140. Something flashed on the road behind me, and I looked in my rearview mirror, and I swear I saw some kind of massive dark shape. Damn't, I was really starting to freak out. I reverted my attention back to the road in front of me, and screamed. Fifty feet in front of my car, was a massive creature with glowing red eyes. I swerved to avoid hitting it, and failed. The thing grabbed the front of my car, and swung it. My little car flew through the air, and I could see a tree coming straight for me. Oh my fucking god, I'm going to die. I felt the impact of the tree hit my little car, and I flew forward, into the wind sheild. Looking up, I saw three figures running out of the forest, and toward whatever was coming towards me. There was a shrieking sound, and then silence. I felt someone pull me out of the windsheild, and I cried out in pain, as the jagged glass cut my stomach and legs. "Clarisse, go tell Chiron we need a bed in the infirmary, now!" Someone yelled in the distance. It sounded like they were so far away. I couldn't make out what else was said, because then, the blackness swallowed me completely. 
       
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me what you think please.
PS. Story comments are greatly appriciated. (: