Water & Destruction

Chapter 4

"Yeah, she's Eris's daughter." "Is she hot?" "That's what've I heard." "You think she'll show up at the bonfire?" "I hope. We need some new hot ass." I was frozen to the ground, as I listened to two people in front of me, talk. I wasn't even to the bonfire, and people are already talking about me. Whatever, who cares if they are? I can do this, if I've got one thing, it's my confidence. I took a deep breath, threw back my shoulders back, and walked forward. As I entered the bonfire circle, everyone went silent. I tried not to blush, surprisingly succeeded, and scanned for a place to sit. I spotted an empty log, and headed for it. As soon as I started walking, whispers erupted around me. I kept my head held high, and reached the log. Sitting down, I forced myself to only look at the fire. It changed color, and right now, it was a deep purple color. The whispering, had escalated, and I could now actually here what people were saying. Stay focused on the fire, don't let them bug you, Aleena. Hah, I wonder what would happen if the fire just flicked out, and scared everyone who was talking. A smile danced it's away across my face. "What are you smiling about?" I looked up, to see Percy. "Oh, nothing," I said, waving my hand towards the fire. Screams errupted from every angle, and I looked up to see fire come within an inch of all the campers, except Percy and I. My mouth formed an O, and in an instant, all eyes were on me. "What?!" I yelled. "Are you trying to kill us? You may be pretty, freak, but keep your chaotic powers in fucking check!" A girl across the fire, shouted. Before I could say something back, a bright light, exploded out of the sky, and game to a stop, right in front of me. The light materialized into a pretty woman, and whispers of "Hera!" were exanged. The woman, eyed me intently, then she spoke. "So, I see you made it to camp. I was so hoping a monster would of killed you by now." More whispers. I felt Percy tense next to me. "Excuse me?" I said. The woman smiled. "I'm Hera. Zeus's wife. Goddess of Marriage and Family. And you my dear, are causing a lot of damage, in Olympus." I raised my eyebrows, and said "What are you talking about?" Hera looked like she wanted to kill me. "I know you got your prophecy, and that it mentions a lot of things, that should not happen." All the color drained from my face. Hera seemed to take joy in this, and smiled evily. "Oh, I forgot that the other person in the prophecy, doesn't even know it yet. Well, let me shine some light on that." She rose up off of the ground, and looked around at everyone. "Aleena, I really think that they should know the prophecy, don't you? After all, it is about how you fall in love, and kill one of their greatest heros, and friend." I wanted to puke. That person was here? At camp? I looked at Hera, pleading her not to say anything, with my eyes. That disgusting twisted smile spread across her face, and she said, "A goddess' mistake, shall rise above. Water and Destruction will fall in love.
In darkness or light, consequences shall come. In the hands of the chaos goddess' daughter, the son of the sea god shall die. Bringing tears, to even deaths' eyes." A sickining silence, spread around the campfire. No one was moving, understanding the prophecy more than I did. Hera turned her eyes on me. "Water and Destruction. You're obviously destruction, and I see you've found water." I was confused, and Hera seemed to read my mind. "Percy, I respect you for saving Olympus and all, but dear, why is it the complicated ones always seem to intertwine your life. I mean really, now you're never going to have a happy marriage, or family." She gave a pity smile, winked evily at me, and then dissapeared. I turned to face Percy, and saw his face masked with horror. Then, it all clicked. I was told by Chiron that this boy named Percy was in my quest. In the lake, Percy wanted to know what Rachel told me. And now, Hera shows up, pissed off, says I've already found water, and then says all that stuff to Percy. Percy was water, the son of the sea god. And, I was going to fall in love in with him, and then cause his death. I nervously flexed my hands. All hell broke loose.
♠ ♠ ♠
STORY COMMENTS!
Please. ):
Seriously though, I'm not updating until I get some.