Water & Destruction

Chapter 5

Percy's POV

Hera gave me a pitying smile, winked at Aleena, and vanished. I can't believe that that was the prophecy. Aleena was going to kill me, after we fall in love, and she rises to be great. Gods, why does this shit always have to happen? It's bad enough that I'm going to die, but to fall in love with the girl that was going to do it? Even Aphroditie must find that a bit fucked up. I glanced at Aleena. She was beautiful, and I had felt a very strong connection to her. When those nymphs threw her into me, it was like electricity jolted through my body, and it felt good. Stop it. I need to get these thoughts out of my head, she probably doesn't even like me, I don't really know her, and she's dangerous. I'm not exactly sure what she did, but as soon as she flicked her hand at the fire, it almost attacked everyone, except it stopped inches from their faces. Almost as if to scare them. I glanced at her again, she looked so scared. Maybe I should go over and hug her. Gods, I can't even imagine what her body would feel like against mine. It'd probably fit just right. She's just below my height, and her eyes, they're like a drug. When we were in the lake, I couldn't help but notice how her eyes would flash from blue, to blue-gray, to blue-green, and back again. The change was subtle, but if you were looking, you could notice. She took a breath, as if to say something, and I looked up at her. Then, she flexed her hands, and mass chaos errupted.

Aleena's POV

"Aleena's going to kill Percy!" "She's going to take over Olympus!" "She's just like Luke!" "Let's kill her, before she kills him!" Shouts of threats were everywhere around me. Fuck, I don't know what's going on, why are they all so mad? Why the hell do they want to kill me? An arrow whizzed past my cheek, slicing a thin, but painful cut. My hand flew up to my face, and I started to back away, getting ready to run. This is just like at the mall, and at school, and all those other times. People just start acting, crazy, almost.. Chaotic. Mom. Shit, this was because of my mom. I made this, and all of those other times happen, and the fire, I made that happen too. Ughh, I don't know how to stop it though! "Use your hands," A voice in my head said. What? My hands, how is that supposed to work? I waited for an answer, from who or what, yet nothing came. Awesome. I was going crazy now too, hearing voices in my head. I looked around for Percy, but he was no where in sight. A dagger was thrown, and missed me by an inch. They were all getting closer, I turned around, and took a running step, and fell. I flipped over on back, as fast as I could, and saw that I was surrounded. Fuck. Shit. Damn. I'm screwed. I'm lying on my back, helpless, and there's a group of people that want to kill me, surrounding me. I screamed, and saw a blade coming straight for my chest. Instinctivly, I threw my hands out, and yelled, "STOP!" I opened my eyes. Okay, I'm still surrounded, but why arn't they killing me? Whatever, I'm using this as my escape. I got up on my feet, and was suddenly face to face with Chiron. "Aleena, follow me," He said. I gulped. I must be in some kind of trouble. Wait, why should I be? I didn't try an kill someone. But, I followed him, pushing through the crowd. As I broke free, the talking began. "Holy fuck, I wanted to kill her." "Did you feel that? One minute I was freaking out about the prophecy, and then I wanted Aleena dead." I was greatful when I was out of earshot. Huh, so obviously I caused the mob situation. But how? Do I have magic powers too? Hmpph. Wouldn't surprise me. We reached the Big House, and I climbed up the steps, still following Chiron. I went through the door, and followed him to his office room, place. When I got inside, I saw that Chiron and I, were not going to be alone. There was another person sitting in the other chair. At the sound of my footsteps entering the room, the figure turned, and I saw that it was Percy. My eyes widened, but I took the last few steps, and sat down in the chair next to him. Chiron was already in his wheelchair form, and he eyed us steadily, then said, "I heard the prophecy, and recieved the quest for which it pertains too." I sucked in my breath. Shit, here it comes. Chiron looked at Percy. "Son, Luke has somehow managed to come back from the dead. He is in no way Kronos, but he's just as strong, and he plans to take over Olympus, with Aleena's help." I choked on air. No one payed attention to me though. This time, Percy spoke. "He's back. How's that possible? And what does he want with Aleena?" Chiron looked at Percy, and then switched his gaze over to me. "Aleena, Luke is a very powerful, very dangerous boy. He is after the power to destroy the world, and Olympus, and if I interpruted the prophecy correctly, you're going to help him do it." I'm getting pissed now, this is bullshit. Since when do I get told what to do? Umm, never. "To hell I am! I've got nothing he needs!" "Yes, you do." I looked over, and saw that Percy had spoken. "And what would that be?" I asked. "Your powers." I wanted to scream, nothing made sense. But apparently, I've got powers. "You are exactly right Percy. I was not sure what capabilites you had Aleena, or their strength. But after tonight, i'm certain that you're what Luke's after," Chiron said. I looked over at Percy. Nothing. Not even a furrowed eyebrow. "Aleena, look at me. In many ways, you are one of the most powerful Demi-gods ever known. You are able to manipulate any kind of situation that has bad energy, and bend the elements, objects, and peoples' minds' to your will. So long as it will induce damage, strife, or chaos." I nodded, that explained what happened at the bonfire, and during most of my life. "Why did it happen after Hera left? I wasn't willing it happen," I asked. "It is very hard to control, it takes practice, but it is dangerous to do so," Chiron answered. "But, on to a new subject. You two must leave in the morning, for your quest. And, it must only be you two. Your journey shall start, by traveling West." I felt my jaw drop. I just got here, why the fuck did they want me to go on some stupid quest, anyway? Oh, yeah. I have to save the world. Chiron stared at the two of us, then looked at Percy. "Percy, you shall share your cabin with Aleena, tonight. You'll be able to prep her, and then you two can set off before dawn.". I opened my mouth to protest, but Percy beat me to it. "What?! No way Chiron. That's asking to much." Chiron just raised his hands, and motioned for us to leave. "Good luck," He said, before I was out the door. I turned, and gave him a weak smile, before following Percy to his cabin.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment! Pllleeeeaaaasssssseeeee!!!!