Status: one-shot

The Dark Side of the Dance Hall

A Party Song (The Walk of Shame)

Walking into the club with my best friend Sam and his wife Melissa, I could already smell sex and alcohol.
“Come dance with me boys!” Mellissa begged sticking her bottom lip out as if to be pierced. She had begun to plead and bounce, by the time James suggested getting drinks first. Complying, she continued to pout, that is, until she ordered her Snake Bite and watch it being mixed.
“What ‘cha want?” questioned Sam. Picking up his Roman Coke he walked up and jabbed a finger at my chest, “Your drinks are on me tonight, my birthday present to you.”
“But my birthday was three months ago,” I yelled over the music. Laughing he replied with a ‘Whatever, I’m still buying’. He leaned over the bar and whispered in the bartender’s ear pointing in my direction, he slipped her a $50 and I read his lips as he told her to ‘mix me something strong’ she nodded, and turned around to the bar behind her that held many multi colored liquids, not all of which looked safe. As Sam followed Mellissa onto the dance hall, the bartender put in only 3 different liquids, two clear and one purple. She walked over and handed me the drink, but not after leaning onto the glass bar and flaunting what she had.
Three drinks and many laughs later Tara, the bartender, had guessing the mixture of my new drink, “Vodka, defiantly and ummm, what’s purple?” I thought some more.
“It’s the part that isn’t alcohol and you’ll never guess,” she hinted with a smirk, putting her hands on her hips after wiping her hands on her jeans.
“GRAPE KOOL-AID!” I guessed after taking another gulp. “Oh and, and, Everclear, Boo-yah!” I yelled more, before fist pumping and knocking over my drink. We laughed and I told her bye, so I could roam around on the dance floor. T
Walking into the midst of the dancers, my dismal mood continued as I maneuvered my way through the grinding girls and gyrating guys. I swear there were more boners than clothes; it was more than a bit ridiculous. I made my way slowly out of the dancers and the light to the dark side of the dance hall. I leaned against the wall and sighed before sliding down and holding my knees.
“What, can’t buy a drink?” a voice hissed out of the darkness.
“Whoa,” I gasped seeing a girl coming near me. “You scared me.”
“I tend to do that,” she said before sitting down beside me. “Hi, I’m-“
“Jude, I know. We work together,” I shrugged
“I know I just didn’t think you’d noticed me,” Jude stated curiously, as she took a sip of a drink similar to the one’s I had been drinking.
“Let me guess, Vodka, Everclear, and Grape Kool-Aid?” I asked gesturing towards her drink.
“No clue, Tara asked me to bring you this, I was curious so I took a drink or two,” she shrugged handing me the half empty drink.
I took a sip of the drink and like that the alcohol finally infiltrated my system and made me shake like a madman. I finished off the glass and set it on the floor, before taking Jude’s hand and pulling her onto the dance floor and into the flashing neon lights.

We danced for several hours, grinding and making out being added in later on. When we finished dancing it was only eleven o’clock, so I followed Jude towards Sam and Mellissa, who were talking to Tara at the bar. We walked, or rather stumbled up to them and requested two Grape Bombs, as Tara told me they were called. Four drinks a piece later, Jude and I were stumbling to the door.
Before I could dleave Sam pulled me to the side, “Don’t even think about doing her, Evan. You swore you were done with one night stands after Claire, and the, well you know.”
“Whatever, I’m happy and drunk and don’t give a shit,” I smiled like only a drunk man could. My words continuing to slur, I stated ”Don’t sweat it. Dude, forget it, everything is a-okay. I’ll take her to her place and then it’s done.”
He rolled him eyes before mumbling something under his breath about, not thinking the same in the morning. I’m pretty sure that he knew that I was lying through my teeth, and would regret not tieing me up and slapping me silly.

Twenty minutes later I was leading a drunken Jude from the yellow taxi to my upstairs apartment. She giggled the entire way and I loved it, we kissed almost as much as she giggled. I unlocked the door with my arm around her waste and we started stripping clothes before we even got to my bed.
We fell on the bed and cuddled more before getting under the blankets and getting ourselves into a dirty situation.

The next morning
I woke up at half past noon, to an empty bed, a bright purple bra, messed up sheets, a lacey thong, and a massive hangover. I walked bulled on some clothes and ran a comb through my sex hair, before going into the kitchen and reaching for a banana.
Shit, I thought. I saw only a sticky note that read:
Hey I took the last banana, sorry but I had a majorly awful hangover from the Grape Bombs last night, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much vodka and Everclear for my system to handle,
Jude ;)

I grabbed my keys and sunglasses before leaving my appartment to get more bananas. I hopped into my car and shoved in the first CD in sight, and hit random. Hearing The Kill start I pushed the next buton, and I continued to do so until I finally gave-up and turned the radio off. Pulling into a nearby grocery store, my cell began to ring from inside my glove box.
“Yeah?” I answered, yawning.
“Hey, Evan, It’s Sam. How’s the hangover?” came Sam’s voice from the other end.
“Horrid,” I stated getting out and locking my car. “Jude took the last of the bananas so I’m down at the store getting some more.”
“I knew you would take her home, you leave her there?” He spouted sourly.
“Naw, she was gone when I woke up,” I walked down to the produce section and grabbed some ripe bananas.
Before hanging up Sam stated simply, “You leaving with her last night, that was the walk of shame.”