Status: active:)

We'll Always be Together

Best Friends

"Jon!" The five year old screamed as Jonathan Toews chased her around her backyard.
"Maddie, I'm going to get you", an older Jon hollered back. She was five and he was seven making Maddie act if she was his little sister.
"No!" She shreaked as he caught up to her like nothing. He held her hand and managed to bring stubborn Maddison Taylor back to his house so they could watch the knew episode of Rugrats. But of course Maddie stopped in her tracks and tried to cause Jon to grumble.
"C'mon, Maddie remember that movie we were talking about the other day?" Jonathan reminded her.
She nodded her head and crossed her arms,"You gonna have to carry me", she giggled teasingly. Maddison loved Jonathan, he was her best friend since she was born. Both of their parents are good friends, since they are neighbors and it hasn't been a single day where Maddison wouldn't ask to be with Jon.
Jon sighed but smiled anyways, loving that he was obligated to pick her up and treat her like a favorite little sister. There was just something about her that he never got sick of. He could never say no to this little girl. He already was wrapped around a girl's pinky and he was only seven.
He picked her up and brought her inside, placing her on the couch and then finding the remote to turn the TV on. He noticed it wasn't in the living room so he decided to check the kitchen where it usualy gets placed accidently on the kitchen counter by his father.When he finally found the remote he walked back to the living room and noticed Maddie was no longer on the couch. 'Maddie, not now', he though to himself and looked around the living room-behind the couch, under the oak stand holding his mother expensive lamp and hoping she wasn't under there. He then check the foyer and the closet that held all of his mother's shoes, and the family's jackets. He ran upstairs, checking under his bed, in his closet, in the crevisis of his dresser and wall. There was no sign of Maddie in the shower or under the sink nor in his parent's room. He went back to the kitchen and looked under the cabinents and even in the fridge.
When his mother noticed him rading the kitchen, she began to worry, "Jon, did you need something?" She walked over to him and put her hand on his short-haired head.
"Do you by chance no where Maddison went?" He panicked, hoping she wouldn't get mad at him for loosing Maddie. His mother raised her eye brows and smiled at him.
"Honey, she went home twenty minutes ago. She said she had to eat dinner", Mrs. Toews smiled and put a hand on her hip, "You can invite her back over for dessert though."
He shook his head and balled his fists. He missed the new episode of his favorite show, looking for someone who wasn't even there. 'I hate you so much Maddie', he thought to himself. But that wasn't true, it couldn't be. He loved that little girl, he would even bet his heart on her.
-----------------------
Jon invited a few friends over to play street hockey. Of course eight year old Maddison came over with sparkly jean shorts and a blue tee with a picture of a cartoon penguin on it, her favorite animal. She wore her knew pink Nike's and borrowed one of Jon's shorter hockey sticks. They split up into two teams, she was of course on Jon's team. She started off okay, running back and forth, playing wing, center, and defense at the same time. At first Jon was okay with it, taking her spot when needed, but then he was getting agry when she kept messing him up.
"Maddison, play back there on defense and stay there!" He yelled at her.
Maddison felt upset. She wanted to play up where Jon was and score some goals like he was doing. She went back there anyways, obeying to what Jon told her-not wanting to make him angry at her. After twenty minutes though, Maddison was getting angry. Whenever somebody came up with the puck, the other defense man came and did all the work even when she clearly stated she had it. Realizing that she would either have to play harder or just quit, she noticed the perfect opportunity.
A winger came down with the puck, and passed it to the center. The other defense man went after it but failed. She smiled as she ran towards him and tried to swipe at the puck with her stick. Instead he bulldozed over her, sending her backwards and making her bump her head on the tarmac. He sprinted towards the net, shot and scored. Making it go over the goalie's glove.
Instead of asking Maddie if she was okay, Jon ran up to her angry, "See, that's why boys are better than girls at hockey. Girls can't even play defense right", he snapped at her.
Not even realizing it, she felt hot tears come to her eyes. She didn't know what felt worse-her head or Jon's words. Turning red from embarrasment, she quickly got off the ground and ran back to her house where her mother gave her an ice pack and turned on a movie for her.

Jon came over to Maddie's that night to apologize. After Mrs. Taylor talked to Mrs. Toews about early that day. Mrs. Toews told Jon's friends they had to leave and that he had to come inside for time out and then go apologize. He walked over to Maddie on the couch who was watching the last five minutes of her movie and sat down next to her.
Maddison ignored him, pursing her lips and trying to only pay attention to the television. He faced her and instantly felt bad. He didn't mean what he had told her earlier, and his face fell. He knew she didn't want to talk to him, but she only had to listen.
He cleared his throat and started on his apology, "I'm really sorry, Maddie. You're really good at hokcey and what I said wasn't true-"
"No I'm not", Maddie pouted. She knew she wasn't that good at hockey, and it felt bad to have someone point it out like that, especially Jon. Not being able to control her tears, they started to slip from her eyes. She really cared about Jon, and she didn't want him to hate her for something stupid.
His heart sunk when he saw her cry, "Maddie",he sighed not knowing what to do, "You don't have to be good at hockey-"
"But, I want to be. I want to be just like you", Maddie told him honestly. Jon faught back tears. He didn't realize or think anyone would want to look up at him, especially Maddie.
"Then I'll help you", he told her and wiped the hair out of her face.
"You promise?" Maddie asked him. Holding out her pinkie for the pinkie promise.
In return he intertwined his larger pinkie with hers and spoke, "Your my favorite girl in the world and nothing will change that. I'm just sorry I made you feel bad. I promise I won't do it again", and he really meant what he said. He didn't like seeing her cry, especially when he made her cry.
"Really?" She asked him and wiped her tears. She felt better after he said that. Everyone makes mistakes right? He gave her a hug and she hugged him back, liking how they couldn't stay mad at eachother for long.
"Best friends?" He asked her.
"Best friends." She agreed.
------------------------
Maddison Taylor opened the door to greet Jon and his family. It was Maddie's tenth birthday and she was turning double digits. The Taylor family agreed upon letting Maddie invite over two friends for a sleepover after having dinner with the Toew's.
"Guess what today is Jon!" An excited Maddison opened the door with a big grin on her face. Of course Jon knew it was her birthday. They agreed to remember eachother's birthdays since they were so close.
"Your birthday", Jon rolled his eyes. Jon handed Maddie two gifts-one from him and the other from his brother and parents. Jon got Maddie a friendship anklet and a stuffed penguin-Maddie's favorite animal-and his parents got her a new radio for her bedroom that David would say he got her too. Mrs. Taylor invited their guests in and seated them at the table so they could enjoy some spaghetti and meat balls with salad and bread sticks.
"Jon, wanna see what I got for my birthday?" Maddison asked, pulling on his arm to bring him upstairs.
"Do I have to?" He asked her. He was feeling tired from his two hour hockey practice and he would much rather be sleeping. But of course, he couldn't just not come to his best friend's tenth birthday.
"Jon, go with Maddison. It's her birthday", Mrs. Toews told him and gave him a stern look.
"I'll tell you when dinner is on the table", Mrs. Taylor informed them while Maddison ran up the stairs excitedly to show him her knew valuables.
"Look!" She handed him a pair of ice skates, a Montreal Canadian's practice jersey, and a pink hockey stick, "My parents finally agreed to let me play hockey. Now we can practice together!"
Jon was now excited too. He smiled and clapped Maddie's raised hand, cheering with her, "Starting tomorrow we'll wake up everyday and practice our slapshots."
"I'm so excited Jon", she smiled and got close to him. He was happy, really happy for both of them. Now he could play with her and now she got to play the sport she always wanted to play. He had an urge to kiss her. With her being so close, she smelled of lotion and coconut shampoo. He noticed for the first time tonight there were little pudges on her chest as if she was wearing her first bra. She looked up at him and smiled, her brown eyes sparkling up at him. As if on adrenaline, Jon leaned down towards her face and gave her a small peck on the lips.
Maddie was suprised by the feeling of his lips against hers and pulled away automaticaly. "What was that Jon?" She asked him, feeling disgusted. She remembered how her mother told her that boys had cooties.
Jon's face turned red and he made up an excuse, "You had something on your lips." He knew the excuse was lame, but since she was two years yonger she believed anything he said.
"Oh", she said and blushed too. She thought that he kissed her because he liked her. Not because she had something on her lips. They stood there awkwardly for a few seconds before Mrs. Toews walked in her room.
"Guys, dinner's ready", she told them, then walked out.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay so tell me what you think about this! should i continue or not? thanks for reading<3
check out my other stories too->sidney crosby and patrick kane.