Status: active:)

We'll Always be Together

Surprises

It was Christmas morning in the Taylor's house and Maddison woke up to snow falling and smell of hot chocolate comming from downstairs. She looked at the clock and noted it was only six in the moring, but who wouldn't wake up early for presents, even though she was sixteen? To top that off Jon was comming home this morning and she had to be ready for when he gets back from Shuttuck.
She missed him so much, to the point she would call him even though it was three at night. She felt like half of her was missing, like the other half of a locket. She quickly slipped her slippers on her feet and ran down the stairs, her face molded into a toothy grin when she noticed all the glorious wrapped gifts under the tree.
But, then she heard noise comming from the kitchen. Guests? She wondered to herself. So early? She combed her fingers through her hair, regretting not looking in the mirror before she came down, and then slowly made her way to the kitchen. Her mom and dad were leaning over the counter, coffee mugs in their hands, while Mr. and Mrs. Toews sat at the bar stools with sweats and hoodies on, a plate of untouched donuts in front of them.
And then from the corner of her eye she saw him. He was leaning against the back wall, wearing Shuttuck sweatpants and an old Jets tee, smiling sheepishly at her. Maddie couldn't believe how big he had gotten in such little time. The last time she had saw him was four months ago, since he could not come out for Thankgiving due to a hectic hockey schedule. She was impressed with his build and wondered how she had missed that on webcam.
"Jon", she grinned and ran over to him. He enveloped her in a big hug, kissing the top of her head. They finally told their parents about their relationship last June, during Jon's first summer vacation away from Shuttuck. All in all they had been together for almost two years.
Maddie looked up into his big brown eyes and wrapped her arms around his neck.
"I missed you", Maddie said sweetly before pecking him on the lips.
"You have no idea", Jon replied, kissing her forehead again. Jon could never get over how beautiful Maddie was. She had long, soft, curly brown hair and sparkling big brown eyes to match. She had long slender legs, with a fit stomach, and well trimmed butt. He also could not get over her bust either, wondering to himself how they got bigger than the last time he saw her. Her scent drove him crazy too, the smell of sweet lavender and a hint of strawberry from her shampoo.
"I have some big news I need to tell you", he grabbed her hand in his and smiled at her gently, puching some hair away from her eyes.
"News?" Maddie said uneasily. She remembered the last time Jon said he had news, that was when he told her he was moving to Shuttuck.
He led her to living room anyways and sat her down on the couch, he cleared his throat, "I know you're only sixteen, so I'm not asking you to marry me", he laughed quickly, "but I talked to our parents and they think it's a good idea. So, I want you to hear the whole thing before you give me an answer."
She looked at him and nodded, rubbing his arm, so he conitnued, "I got another offer. An even bigger offer", he smiled, "My dream offer."
She gasped and put a hand over her mouth, "No?" She said in disbelief. She knew what he was talking about.
"Yes", he nodded confidently, "The NHL wants me for a draft pick."
Maddie screeched in excitement before jumping on his lap and pulling him into an unbearible hug, "Oh my gosh!" She said in amazement, "This is like, unreal." Maddison was overly excited for her friend, she could not believe this one in a million offer had been sent to Jon.
"So I have training starting next month to prepare me. So, I get to spend the month here in Winipeg and then I leave to go to Montreal to start some training and then this June I'll be in Vancouver for the Draft pick, if I qualify", he added.
Maddie slapped him lightly for his comment, "Of course you'll make it. When did they tell you? Did they call you? What is Shuttuck doing for-?"
"Maddie", Jon laughed, "Easy. I'm keeping it hush hush for now until I know everything is for sure during my training." Jon tried to not roll his eyes at Maddie, news for her was big.
"Well I'm happy for you", she nodded and smiled.
"That's where you come in", Jon stated uneasily, "I know you're only in tenth grade so you're kinda stuck here in Winipeg for a while, but even though I'll be far away I want you to know you're the only one that's on my mind. So, this is what I'm proposing", he smiled. Maddie watched as he took out a velvet box from his pocket and opened it. Inside their was two simple silver rings with 'Maddie and Jon' engraved on each band.
"Jon", Maddie started to tear up, "this is amazing. How did you think of this?"
Jon cleared his throat, "Well, we won't get to see eachother often, but every time we look at out hands we'll think of eachother." Maddie cuddled to his side as he continued, "I learned something while I was gone. Maddie, I love you."
Maddison nearly choked and looked up at Jon. She could tell that took a lot for him to say and she nearly passed out from surprise, "Jon, I love you too. I've been waiting for you to say that."
♠ ♠ ♠
Here it is. A romantic filler. Don't worry drama queens i got a hard ball comming for the next chapter. Not every love story has happy eneding. One more chapter to go.!
So my plans are this: one more chapter for this recap story; then i will have a sequel for the "now" story.
Comments? Thanks for reading!