Status: one shot. completed.

Dancing Alone

she's dancing alone, i'm ready to go.

Alex searched the crowd, his lips moving in perfect sync with his fellow bandmates and their instruments. He danced across the stage like it was effortless, making it seem like being under the hot lights and slippery stage was easy. His fans were his loves, and the music the only preceding it. Alex ruffled his chocolate brown hair, his chocolate eyes searching through the crowd once again, trying to find a girl to serenade. This was his dream, and now it was his life. It was true, Alexander William Gaskarth was in his element.

From the crowd's point of view, Alex was definitely in his element. Many girls harbored their love for a member of All Time Low, usually Alex or Jack. But one girl in the crowd didn't care what the members looked like. Her name was Jenna Alexis White, and she only cared about the music, not the members. To her, music shouldn't have names. It should just be music. She worked hard at a local Starbucks and counted down the hours until her weekend. Her attire typically jeans and a tank top, her iPod consisting of mix tapes of her favorite songs. Her attitude was heavily sarcastic and quick on the kill, almost like a switchblade. Her one defying feature was the tattoo of a stereo on her arm, blue in color and stood out like a sore thumb. Jenna was alone, and definitely dancing alone.

As Alex searched the crowd in between songs, Jenna caught his eye. He tried to take a deep breath, but couldn't. She took his breath away. Maybe it was her beauty, in his eyes it should be punishable by law. Or maybe it was the fact that she didn't seem to care who was on stage. The gorgeous Alex Gaskarth was stunned by this. She didn't care. For her, it was the music. Alex turned to Jack, who knew what to do. Alex wanted nothing than for this girl to be his, even for the night. While Alex sang “Dear Maria, Count Me In”, Jack made a quick call down to Vinny Vegas, who would have to convince the girl for back stage passes.

Halfway through the song, Jenna approached the merch table, smiling at Vinny. Vinny sighed, not wanting to hurt this girl like Alex undoubtably would. “Hey, miss?” Vinny asked, instantly regretting it when Jenna turned around, her bubblegum smile lighting up the whole venue. “Do you want some, uh, backstage passes?” Vinny asked lamely, but Jenna giggled.

“No, but thanks anyway!” Jenna said with a smile, merging back with the crowd. All Time Low had begun to play “Vegas” by now, and Jenna danced alone once again, feeling nothing but ultimate happiness for hearing her favorite songs in concert. In all honesty, Jenna didn't really look up at the stage. She didn't care how “hot” the band members were. Their music was beautiful, and that was all she cared about. Whenever she heard girls squealing about how attractive the band members were, Jenna wanted to punch them. It shouldn't be about what the members look like.

From the stage, Alex kept his eyes trained on Jenna. Despite the million girls screaming his name, the only one he wanted to hear was her voice. Throughout the next few songs, however, Jenna didn't even look up. Sure, her eyes were closed, her head banging. It was like Alex was cellophane, and Jenna was looking right through him. Alex didn't care. Once she came back stage, Alex would turn on the charm. No one could resist the good old Gaskarth charm.

“We're All Time Low, and this is our last song!” Jack yelled into his microphone, shooting Alex a glare as Alex began the words to “Break Out! Break Out!”, getting severely annoyed with the girl in the crowd. Alex sang perfectly, having his moments with the fans but his chocolate eyes never leaving Jenna. Alex frowned, trying to think of a word to describe the girl.

Lost in stereo, He thought, thinking he was oh so clever as he finished the song, running off stage with his bandmates, congratulating them as they collapsed onto the couch, panting. Being on stage always tired them out, but they loved it. Vinny came rushing into the room, staring at Alex carefully, trying to choose his words well.

“She's not coming man,” Vinny said, and instead of waiting to see Alex's reaction, he ran back to his table. Alex said nothing, but watched the confused looks of Rian and Zack with dignity, knowing that somehow, this girl was not turned on by Alex's charm. He picked up his guitar and did what any musician did: he wrote a song.
♠ ♠ ♠
So. Another one shot. I like this one, I truly do. What do you think? Comment please!

Or read my other one shots. Whatever you want. xD

xoxo katie.