Status: Up and running :3

Sing It for the World

Battery City

We pulled into a dark tunnel, the only light coming from the headlights and the BL/i ads on the curved walls. Ok, we were definitely starting to speed up now. Would there be a reason for that? I wanted to ask someone, but decided I needed to just toughen up. I mean, i'll never be a killjoy if I don't have courage.

There was something up ahead, just barely in the distance, but with Gerard's quickening speed, it came into view fast. I recognized it as a BL/i toll both, and expected the car to slow down. Instead, we started going faster. I sat up in my seat, nervous, as many unwanted scenarios popped into my head.

"Gee?" Even I could hear the nervousness in my own voice. No one said anything, but instead, the car kept zooming towards the toll booth. A drac emerged from the booth and began shooting, but this never stopped Gee. He drove the car straight ahead, knocking the drac off his feet and tearing through the barrier. Once we were through I couldn't help but sigh. Thankfully it was over. Of course, the worst was still to come.

The car skidded to a stop right outside the BL/i HQ. God, it was giant. Did we know where we were going? The guys said SCARECROW unit....I guess we'll find out when we're in there.

When we're in there.

This was really it. I was about to set foot inside the BL/i headquarters, for the first time in my life, and if i'm not careful, it'll be the last time, too. I screwed my eyes shut, and remembered what Dr D had told us.

Keep your boots tight, keep your gun close and die with your mask on if you've got to.

Sighing, I pulled my gun to my chest and pulled up my bandana. I looked around at the guys and they were all doing the same. Mikey got out the car first, followed by Gee, then Frankie. As Ray went to leave the car, Frankie held out his hand for me. Smiling, I accepted it, and he pulled me out of the car. The first thing I noticed was the glass doored entrance. Dracs were running about like mad inside, and I could make out the figure of a woman standing. Standing beside...what looked like...a...Grace!
It was Grace! I was immediately filled with some reassurance, and my confidence was boosted. There she was, little Gracie, sitting there. I had to get her. We had to save her from the hands of corrupted people. I turned back to Frankie, but before I could say anything he planted a quick, but
passionate kiss to my lips. As he pulled away he whispered to me:

"Just in case."

It dawned on me that I wasn't the only one worried about this mission. Should I be worried? If Frankie is worried enough to kiss me before we go in...and he's been doing this for years...that's
got to be a bad sign! Of course, Gee, Ray and Mikey never let this stop us, and soon Frankie grabbed my hand and pulled me along with him. We weren't walking long, over some sort of bridge. Everything was all lit up, which was very strange in contrast to the desert land I was used to. We had gotten halfway across the bridge when everyone started to pull out their ray guns. I decided to copy, and I held mine with a tight grip. Frankie had let go of my other hand to get his own ray gun. We were all set.

We had already started.
♠ ♠ ♠
So here is chapter 2. You may notice the chapters are pretty short, but that's because my original plan was to have this all in the one chapter. However, I decided just to split it up into 3 chapters.

Jo's killjoy costume. You can check out Jo's character on the character page.

xxxxx