Status: Completed. Comments?

The Passenger's Seat

One

Garrett Johnson smirked elatedly as he stepped inside the bustling club. The fake I.D. he scored from some guy he knew in school had apparently convinced the big bouncers flanking the club entrance with their seemingly threatening looks, just like it did every night since he got it. Briefly, he glanced at his phone. It was nearly two o’clock in the morning. Perfect, Garrett thought. By this time all the girls were extremely drunk, lethargic and insensible, saving him the time and money of talking them up and buying them a drink.

It had become quite a practical routine for him. Of course, it wasn’t in actuality his. Before his older brother Mark went away for college in Boston, he took the liberty of teaching things Garrett would find useful in the future, things boys Garrett’s age generally didn’t know, like how to pick a lock with whatever pointed thing that could be found, how to steal money and everything else craftily, how to drink and drive and get home in one piece without getting arrested, how to handle a specific kind of drug… all of which was used when absolutely necessary.

The lesson that proved most important was, evidently, how to get girls the easy way. It went like this; he comes in late then utilizes his natural looks and utter charm on highly intoxicated girls for a little, which then would lead to an exceptionally pleasurable time. He stepped forward; his eyes cunningly scanning the crowd ahead of him, like a lion does when searching for its unfortunate prey. In Garrett’s case, however, his prey would be luckiest girl in the room.

Garrett could feel the loud electronic party music drumming in his ears. He braved the sea of dancing people and headed toward the bar, where he knew he would get a better view of the crowd. After ordering himself a beer, he propped himself up on a leather bar stool and faced the dance floor, ready to pounce.

As if the gods had come together and had given him a gift for just being Garrett, a voluptuous girl with crimson red hair walked by him heedlessly, who was apparently talking to herself. She was slurring her words out and laughing wildly.

When the opportunity comes, grab it. Grab it like you’ve never grabbed anything before, he heard Mark’s rakish voice in his head. Garrett followed her surreptitiously with his eyes, which widened as he caught a glimpse of the redhead’s round, perfect, bottom.

“Hey Red!” he called out instinctively.

The girl turned towards him, her long flowing hair harmonious to her movement. Girl had a nice rack, too, Garrett deliberated promptly. She looked at him strangely with both her eyebrows raised, as if she saw the tooth fairy right in front of her, which was likely. Red squinted her eyes at Garrett, the way the elderly did when they read without glasses. Garrett sat, smiling at her expectantly, letting tonight’s prey come to him. Red’s eyes widened and she smiled back.

“Oh! Oh my god, it’s you! Oh god!” She came rushing into Garrett, burying her face in his shoulders, hugging him tightly. The distinct odor of alcohol and vomit reeked up to his nose. Appalled, Garrett said, “Er, have we er, met before?” Garrett ran a quick inventory over all the girls he had slept with… or at least, all the girls he could remember he slept with. As far as he could remember, he hasn’t encountered anyone who looked like her.

Red pulled away abruptly and ogled at him, her hands clutching his shoulders. “I have been waiting for you for like… forever! Seriously! You have no idea…,” she said.

Coming to his senses and hearing Mark’s guiding voice in his head, Garrett had an idea, almost hearing the light bulb flicker open at the top of his head. “I’m so sorry, Red. I didn’t want to keep you waiting but I got help up a little,” Garrett apologized, squaring his shoulders.

Red pouted, her lower lip protruding. “Aww it’s okay baby, I forgive you.” She leaned in close to him, almost climbing onto the bar stool and lacing her long fingers in Garrett’s curly brown hair. “On one condition,” she whispered softly in his ear. Garrett felt the girl’s other hand slide upward on his crotch, unbuttoning the button of his jeans with sheer ease.