Status: writer's block...

Perfect Escape

SE

"Minna-san! konban wa.. Kra desu!" the short-statured vocalist cried out. A haunting bassline came out almost from nowhere.

"RENJOU!!"

The guitar joined in on the second measure, much to the crowd's delight. Followed by a drumbeat so infectious, that it could
possibly make the dead jump out of their graves and start dancing. All this paving the way for the pure voice that was soon to
follow.

'are mo? kore mo? tsumekonde kono machi wo nigedashite?
muge ni naita no wa ano hi no renjou uta'


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The enthusiastic roar of the crowd was always so inviting to the band members. Sadly, it was their turn to leave the stage, once again, for the next band to begin setting up.

"...It seems like every time that we play live, the audience is taken aback." the vocalist finally muttered, sinking back in his chair and placing his bottle of water perfectly in the middle of the counter. He continued to stare at the label on the bottle, seemingly hoping that it would burst into flames. True, the welcome-to-the-stage was never nearly as enthusiastic as the cheers after each song, but that was just a part of performing,right?....right...?

"Keiyuu... I know that it is disappointing to you that each time we play for a crowd, the invite isn't warm....' Yasuno, the drummer said, putting in his two cents for all to hear. "But think of it this way" he smiled. "We are underestimated." the drummer offered to the vocalist, who still sat back in his chair, but shifted his akuma-stare in Yasuno's direction.

"Keiyuu, it's true, you know?" Yura, the bassist said, willingly while flexing an arm. "Think of it as an advantage!" he said, optimistically.

"Sometimes I just want to escape from this world......" the vocalist began to say, getting quite a negative reaction by the guitarist.

"What would you do, Keiyuu?! Just end your life so you could go to the next world??" Mai said, almost wanting to backhand the tiny vocalist for such an outrageous comment. Keiyuu may have been moody at times, but that had been the first time he would speak of such a thing.

"Not like that, Maiccho... Like...to another world. Maybe there's a way to escape this world, you know?" Keiyuu said, grabbing the bassist's attention, and ushering Yasuno to make a comment.

"Another world...?" he asked. The vocalist was out of his mind, once again... Yasuno thought back on Keiyuu's other plans and ideas, none of which were successful, or even practical...Yasuno was also glad that it was Maiccho that had been talked into wearing that hideous wig, and not himself, as Keiyuu had originally planned.

"Why couldn't there be?" Keiyuu replied, interrupting Yasuno's inner thoughts. "It's possible for there to be other dimensions,right? Maybe there is a way..." he sat up with wide eyes, indicating that maybe he had a hair-brained scheme in store for the band. Yasuno cringed at the thought of ending up walking around in the rain, looking for items for a scavenger hunt... well, it was the first thing that came to his mind.

"Let's escape!" the vocalist yelled out, standing up on his chair, and looking around the room at his three bandmates. The band in the dressing room next door's guitarist let out a yelp from the random Keiyuu scream.

"Keiyuu, sit down...." the drummer finally said, crushing the vocalist's visual intensity. "It's not likely that you could ever leave this world..."

"What about 'Through the Looking Glass'?" Keiyuu asked. "That's supposed to be a true story!"

"That's a story based on true events, Keiyuu... BASED on. Which means it may as well be FICTION."

"But, there would have to be some kind of world, that is parallel to ours." Keiyuu added, thoughtfully

Yasuno sighed, and rubbed his right temple. It seemed like someone had been playing ten too many video games once again....

"I agree" Yura stated, half-startling Yasuno. "I think there could be a way to escape this world..." he said, bringing his hand to his chin in deep thought.

'Great. Now both of the geniuses are hard at work.' Yasuno took a moment to study Mai's scrunched-up-in-thought face, and to his horror, it seemed like the guitarist was also pondering about the proclaimed 'Perfect Escape'. Looking over to the clock on the wall, Yasuno pointed out to his bandmates that it was time for them to take their leave, resulting in the other three men frantically looking for their own belongings and Keiyuu and Yura fighting over who's PSP was left on the table.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

'They're all nuts. There's no way that any one person can leave this world....' Yasuno said, waving to one of the Kra staff members and bowing his head in respect. As he made his way to the door, he noted that the full moon was unusually bright that night, not to mention, had a bit of a red tint....

"Yasuno" Mai called out. "Can you believe what the other two were speaking of earlier?" Mai chuckled. His blonde hair fell in his eyes and he pushed it away immediately.

"Ah, knowing them, they will stay up all night trying to find another world." Yasuno replied, grinning. "Such children.."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*