Holly, Would You Turn Me

They're Right

The mark on my cheek had faded and the mall wasn’t busy seeing as it was a school day, I watched Holly and smiled to myself, I’d said it so often but it was true.

Even though I had no interest in girls what so ever I admitted she was cute, okay cute was wrong, she was hot.

She was the perfect size, she wasn’t too tall but she wasn’t too short either, her legs well even I admired them!

She was slim but not too thin and her hair was dark brown and finished just below her shoulders, her eyes were dark blue, she was pale in winter and by summer she was tanned but it never faked she just tanned as soon as the sun was out and she stood out for all the right reasons.

She was the sort of girl who guys noticed but girls didn’t see her as fake or someone flaunting their looks and liked her too, they even admitted they trusted her around boyfriends because she was a nice girl to back her looks up, almost everyone you asked would say she was a pretty girl and there was no girl I’d rather pretend to date.

I watched 2 guys look at her and I smiled as she saw them and they pretended to not be looking, I noticed she’d got the dress I bought her last summer on with a pair of boots, a short cardigan and a long scarf.

The guys had obviously decided to get a closer look and walked towards her appearing at her side, they started to talk to her and she seemed unfazed by them.

I walked over to hear one ask her what her name was as the other blatantly checked her out, typical boys! She saw me and smiled.

“I’m going to get some cd’s,” I said and she laughed.

“That’s all you ever buy,” she replied and I nodded.

“If your super lucky I might buy you one,” I said and she nodded.

“I’ll come find you in a bit,” she said and I kissed her cheek before walking out the shop.

I was looking for any good cd’s when she appeared next to me.

“How’s your boyfriends?” I asked and she smiled.

“Shut up!”

“They were putting the moves on you Holly”, I stated and she shook her head.

“They were,” I repeated and she laughed.

“Well I never noticed but then I never do, don’t you go getting jealous,” she teased.

“That’s it I’m not buying you a cd,” I snapped and she walked off so I followed her, I slipped my hand into hers and squeezed her fingers and she smiled at me.

“What are you wearing tomorrow?” I asked as I dragged her into a clothes shop.

“I’ll think of something,” she replied as I looked at clothes.

“Alex you can’t seriously want to buy another checked shirt? If you pick up skinny jeans you’ll regret it,” she said so I did it on purpose and she glared at me before smacking my arm and I smiled.

“Why not?” I asked.

“That’s all you own, cds, guitars, checked shirts and skinny jeans," she complained.

She shook her head as I bought the jeans and shirt before leaving the shop.

“Can we get a dog?” she asked and I looked at her strange.

“A dog? No we cant get a dog!” I said and she looked upset.

“Why?” she asked.

“Where would it live? When I tour and you come with us?” I asked.

“What if I stay at home?” she asked and I shook my head.

“We’re not getting a dog,” I stated and she quickened up her walk as a sign she was mad at me, we walked down the mall like this until I heard a girl nearby and she suddenly appeared in front of Holly causing her to stop.

“Holly Gilburn? She asked and Holly nodded slowly.

“I love you! You’re so pretty and nice and I’m so jealous you have like everything. I wish I was as pretty as you,” the tall girl with dark red hair said and Holly laughed.

“Your prettier than me, but thanks,” she replied and the girl beamed.

“You really think I’m pretty?” she asked and Holly nodded.

“I have the same converse as you,” Holly stated and the girl looked like she would cry.

“You know I think Alex and you are perfect together, your like the cutest couple ever,” she said and I felt bad for the lies I told.

“Alex is here too you know,” Holly said and the girl seemed unexcited by my presence.

“Hey,” I said and she nodded.

“I have to get back to work but I think your great,” the girl said and Holly smiled.

“Thanks your cool too,” Holly said hugging the girl who looked like she’d never been happier before she walked off and I smiled.

“Someone’s famous,” I teased.

“We’re cute,” she stated and I smiled wrapping my arm around her, we walked home and as we walked through the door past the mirror I saw our reflection and laughed.

“What?” she asked.

“We are cute,” I replied and she walked off.

“Did I say something wrong?” I asked and she shook her head.

I left the topic well alone knowing when she was bothered by something and sure enough later on her phone rang and she started shouting at what I presumed to be Zack, I walked off not wanting to really hear them argue.

“No I won’t do it,” she shouted and I smiled wondering what the heck our neighbors thought went on in here sometimes.

“Zachary I don’t think you really understand what I’m saying, I will not do it. So don’t threaten or bully me into it because it won’t work,” she shouted and then I heard her voice soften and her tone change.

“Are you serious? Fine have it that way Zack but this isn’t my fault,” she said before falling silent and I felt it a suitable amount of time before walking back to see her staring at the floor.

“Why are in a band with Jerks?” she asked and I smiled.

“They seemed nice at the time,” I joked and she nodded.

“Well not so much now!” she snapped at me and I pulled her into a hug and she pushed me off getting up and walking off, I heard her stamp her feet up the stairs and knew she was in a bad mood with me but I didn’t get what I’d done.