Holly, Would You Turn Me

The Interview

There was a noise at the door and in walked 2 other couples and I smiled when I saw who they were, Gabe Saporta and his girlfriend Callie and Jonathan Cook and his girlfriend Sam.

“Hey,” I beamed and they all smiled back, I’d known Gabe about 2 years and Jonathan only for a few months but they were nice guys, very different but still nice.

Holly got on with both their girlfriends as well although I think she preferred Sam.

“I thought you 2 would be here,” Sam said and I nodded.

“Whoa Holly you look nice,” Sam added and Holly smiled thanking her.

“I must admit I’m freezing though, it was sunny when we left home,” she replied as she walked over to Sam hugging her.

Maybe another girl would help her right now, admittedly they thought we were a real couple but just talking to someone who wasn’t involved in the situation would be a nice thing.

That was our problem everyone we saw on a regular basis pretty much knew our secret so it was difficult to just get away from it all sometimes.

The guys walked over and 3 more couples walked in before they finally called Gabe and Callie through, I was nervous but then I always was.

I hated how people twisted what you said and interviews was just opening up your life for that, an interview could make or break you.

Say the right thing and someone will go check out your music but say the wrong thing and you could lose fans.

“Alex,” someone said and I looked up to notice we were now all alone and a girl walked in.

“Do you mind if we do your interview in here seeing as everyone’s left?” she asked and I nodded.

She smiled as she sat down.

“You must be Holly,” she said shaking hands with her and Holly nodded as a young boy walked in, she explained that this was the magazines intern and he’d be sitting in today.

“So Alex Gaskarth tell us how you and Holly met?” she asked and I smiled.

“I’ve known Holly my whole life, our moms were childhood friends so we were brought up together. We’ve been through school together and everything,” I explained and she smiled.

“So Holly when did you first start dating Alex?” she asked Holly.

“We’ve been dating 3 years now but as we grew up together we were always best friends but I guess something just made me see him differently and I just was honest about it with him and luckily he said he felt the same,” she said and I smiled at how quickly her lies came out.

“What makes you love Holly?” she asked and I looked at her before answering.

“She’s the best friend I’ve ever had, the only girl I’ve ever felt comfortable around, she’s so clever and funny. She knows me better than anyone else and she understands the way I live, she never once complains about everything and well she’s beautiful,” I said and she looked away from me and I knew she felt uncomfortable.

She hated being told she was beautiful which I thought was ridiculous because like it or not she was but at the same time I loved the fact she underestimated herself.

“You live together right?” she asked and we both nodded.

“So Holly as Alex says you understand the life he leads and this is what we want to know more about. What is it like being in a relationship with someone who is constantly flying all over the world?” she asked and the young boy watched Holly.

“Its hard, I mean all my life Alex has been there so it’s difficult when he goes away and I know I won’t see him for a few weeks or maybe a month but I know its what he loves and what he wants to do and you just have to deal with it. On the surface dating a musician seems fun but it’s not always fun and easy,” she said.

“It sounds like you both deal with it well, have you ever had any issues in your relationship?” she asked and I knew what she meant but I wasn’t letting her get away with it.

“Everybody argues and I think if we didn’t argue then we wouldn’t be as happy as we are,” I said and the boy smiled as he realized how I’d diverted the question.

“So it’s not perfect between you two?” she asked looking excited at finding out our flaws.

“Nothings ever perfect and if it was you wouldn’t be happy, imperfections are what makes something special and we like everyone else have them,” Holly said and the girl looked determined to find out her answer.

I noticed the boy had his eyes fixed almost constantly on Holly.

“So has either one of you ever been tempted to…” she started but Holly cut in.

“Cheat? No I’d never betray Alex and he knows it and I have complete trust in him. He’d never look at another girl,” she said truthfully.

“So you’ve been together a long time, you’re actually the couple with the longest relationship we’ve interviewed today so any future plans?” she asked and I rolled my eyes.

“You can’t plan the future,” I replied and she nodded.

“But you can plan weddings and families,” she said and Holly smiled.

“Do you both want a family?” she asked and we both shrugged.

“In the future, a long time in the future,” I admitted and she nodded.

“Things are too busy, too unsettled right now,” she added and I agreed with her.

“So no children yet but surely a wedding. I mean you guys seem to be in that place,” the girl carried on with her questions.

“Just because we seem to be in that place doesn’t mean we have to get married, we’re happy where we are and I personally don’t want to ruin it,” Holly said and I smiled at her for getting us out of that issue.

“So Holly Alex is in a rock band and you have a pretty exciting job yourself don’t you?” the girl asked and Holly smiled, writing was something she was happy to talk about with anyone.

“Yeah I love my job and if it wasn’t for this I wouldn’t see Alex so much. I write songs for lots of different artists, I’ve always loved English and luckily people like what I do,” she explained and I smiled at how happy she was when she spoke about it.

“Is it true your actually more successful then your boyfriends band?” the boy asked and Holly smiled at him and then nodded slowly.

“I wrote more successful songs last year than they did yes,” she replied.

The girl thanked us for coming and we left.

“So when are you proposing?” Holly asked we got back in the car and I laughed.

“Soon if you keep asking,” I replied and she rolled her eyes.