Holly, Would You Turn Me

Drunken Nights and Opinions

3 weeks later and things had pretty much been the same, Holly wasn’t talking to Zack but there wasn’t a chance they’d start dating again.

Jack and I kept out distance mainly due to Rian begging us to stop fighting, Rian was going to the bar near out house because there was a girl he liked that worked there so we agreed to go with him.

I’d noticed Holly was drinking a lot tonight which wasn’t like her but I thought nothing of it, she went to buy more drinks and came back looking upset.

“What’s up?” I asked and she shook her head. Rian wanted to move closer to the bar so we got up moving to sit at the bar.

After an hour I felt a wave of dizziness hit me and rolled my eyes, every time Holly had a drink I had one.

“Holly stop drinking so much,” I stated and she laughed at me.

“I’m fine,” she stated and Rian laughed.

“Stand up and spin around,” he ordered and she did nearly falling over.

“Drunk,” Rian declared as I caught her stopping her from falling and we both started to laugh.

“You two are hitting it hard tonight,” he stated and she shrugged. Rian started to talk to the girl he liked so I took my chance with Holly.

“What’s up babe?” I asked.

“Nothing, have you noticed how many couples there are here?” she asked and I looked around to see practically everyone was in a couple.

I’d been with Jack so long it did feel weird not having him around and I knew Holly felt the same about Zack, you felt this strange loneliness that you tried to fill.

Holly missed Zack’s sense of humor and I knew I’d never be able to fill that space in; Zack had captured her heart through making her laugh. I just missed having someone to mess around with, Jack and I were constantly play fighting and I missed that.

“I saw you in that magazine, you’re so cute. You’d have beautiful kids,” the girl Rian was talking to said and he shut her up quickly.

“They’d get their good looks from me,” I teased and she laughed.

“No they wouldn’t, they’d get that annoying hair flick from you,” she said and I smiled.

I grabbed her leg under the table.

“They’d get your fat legs,” I teased and she glared at me.

"They’d get your stupidity,” she teased back.

“Holly Gilburn I love you,” I stated as I tickled her side and she laughed before downing her drink and going to the bar for another.

I followed and we were both drunk and walking in a straight line was extremely difficult. I tripped and she grabbed me and we both laughed.

“Idiot,” she said as I wrapped my arm around her neck.

“Did you see Gabe Saporta in that magazine?” the girl in front asked her friend.

“Yes he’s so hot! Wasn’t Alex Gaskarth in it as well?” her friend with black hair asked.

“Yeah with that Holly girl,” she said and I noticed the tone of her voice, for every person that loved Holly there was one that hated her and I’d learnt to try and ignore it.

People had told me it was nothing against Holly, she’d done nothing wrong apart from be close to me and some people would never like that.

“What is it with her and him, they’re still together I take it?” the black haired girl asked.

“Yeah. I don’t get it I mean look at him he could do so much better,” she replied and I saw Holly look at her feet.

No matter how many times people said don’t listen to them is was hard to ignore people saying that sort of thing about you.

“I know right, she blatantly loves him more than he does her,” the black haired girl replied.

“2 more please,” I said and the bartender nodded taking our glasses.

“Baby what’s up?” I asked and she shook her head as the black haired girl turned around and nudged her friend signaling to look at us.

“Princess cheer up,” I said pulling her in front of me grabbing her waist.

She looked away and I pulled her into a hug.

“Don’t listen to them I love you,” I said as I raked my fingers through her hair and she nodded, she pulled away and I kept my hand on her neck playing with her hair and tracing circles on the back of her neck.

I was a touchy person at the best of times and a flirt when drunk but I’d been lonely recently, which only made it worse.

We drank our drinks and Holly stumbled as someone pushed past her.

“You okay?” I asked her and she nodded as I kissed he forehead.

“Jackass look where your going!” I snapped at the guy and he apologized.

“I think they’re kind of cute,” the black haired girl said.

“Cute, seriously? They’re not,” her friend snapped and I rolled my eyes.

“Excuse me, now I know you have a right to think what you want but I’d appreciate it if you didn’t upset my girlfriend,” I snapped at them both.

They stared at me.

“We were just…” she started.

“Well I’d rather you fucking didn’t. I love my girlfriend more than anyone and I don’t appreciate people like you making her think otherwise, as far as her not deserving me you’re so wrong. I don’t deserve a girl as pretty and kind as she is so if your going to talk bad about her I suggest you don’t do it in front of either of us,” I snapped.

Holly pulled my arm to shut me up.

“Alex,” she said.

“I’m sorry babe but I won’t have people saying shit like that and making you feel like that,” I said and I saw the girls staring at us.

“Come here,” I said leaning down and kissing her. I steadied myself by keeping a hand on her neck, I went to pull away but she gripped my shirt stopping me and I smiled into the kiss.

It’d been ages since I kissed someone and although I was aware of the fact it was Holly who was a girl I pushed it from my mind.

“Holly?” I heard a voice say and we broke apart to see Jack and Zack, Jack glared at us but Zack just looked upset

“Hey,” Holly said back to which Zack just looked confused.

“Are we getting a drink or what?” Jack asked snapping at Zack and I rolled my eyes.

“Come on Holz lets go home,” I said as I pulled her after me.

We walked home and I watched her walk upstairs to bed before following her, I went to my room getting undressed before walking back to hers in my boxers and she laughed.

“Put some clothes on,” she joked and I smiled.

“What you up to?” I asked and she shrugged.

“Bed,” she stated and I knew she was sad so I walked towards her.

“Can I crash in here?” I asked and she nodded as she got in bed and I climbed in next to her.

“What’s up?” I asked knowing the answer; she had my problem.

“Nothing,” she lied and I rolled my eyes.

“Lonely?” I asked and she nodded.

“Me too,” I whispered and she rolled over to face me.

“It sucks Alex, like really sucks. Why’s this happen? Jack and you were meant to be together,” she said and I nodded.

“So were Zack and you, maybe we’re just dicks,” I suggested and she nodded.

“Maybe we are, I hate all this,” she said and I looked at her.

“We can stop this you know,” I offered and she shook her head.

“Your the only real thing I have anymore,” she admitted and I hugged her.

“How’d we get here? We had it all us 2 and now look at us,” I said and she shook her head.

“You know sometimes I wish this was real,” she stated and I looked down at her and then nudged her so she looked at me.

“You know how much easier my life would be if this was real?” I asked and she just looked at me.

“A hell of a lot that’s how much, there’d be no pretending to be something I’m not, there’d be no awkwardness between everyone, I’d have a normal life and I’d have you,” I said and she smiled.

“I hate all this,” she said and I nodded.

“I know but we can sort this out somehow,” I said and she nodded closing her eyes.