Holly, Would You Turn Me

Your Not Hiding That From Me

* Holly’s POV *

I answered the phone.

“Hey Holly, how’s things?” Rian asked.

“So so, Alex has gone if you’re looking for him. Like gone gone,” I said and he laughed.

“Oh okay, we’re bored can we come hang with you?” he asked.

“Sure why not,” I said hanging up and then I realized he said ‘we’.

I heard the door open and close again.

“Dude take your shoes off, she’ll kill you if you go in with them on,” I heard Zack say and I smiled that he remembered.

“Yeah do as the man says,” I shouted and I heard them laughing and they appeared at the lounge doors.

“How’s our Hollybear?” Rian asked hugging me and I laughed.

“I’m good thanks, you?” I asked and they both nodded smiling.

“Been up to much?” I asked and they shook their heads.

“I’ve been teaching Rian how to skate, he’s worse than you,” Zack said and I laughed.

“Nobody is that bad,” I replied and he nodded.

“Trust me Holz he is,” Zack said and Rian nodded.

“You been doing anything interesting?” Rian asked and I shook my head.

“Not really, Alex went this morning I presume. You know what he’s like, his mom says he’s pretty down but he’ll bounce back. He always does,” I admitted and they both nodded.

“Got any food?” Rian asked and I rolled my eyes.

“Yes thank you,” I stated and he stood up.

“Good I’m going to taste test it all,” he said walking off and Zack smiled as he watched him walk off.

“So are you going to tell me how you really are?” Zack asked and I shrugged.

“I’m fine,” I said and he smiled.

“Yeah sure and I’m never wrong about anything. I know you Holly and I know your unhappy,” he said and I looked at him.

“You’d know a lot about making me that way Zachary,” I snapped and he shook his head.

“So I was a jerk to you, you think I don’t know that already? I said I’m sorry and I know that’s no good enough for you but it’s all I can do, now tell me what’s the matter,” he stated.

I shrugged.

“I’m just tired of all this arguing. I can’t take it anymore, I’m not ready for Alex and me to take everyone on constantly and you of all people know that. I can’t take Alex and Jack fighting and then Jack and me fighting and Alex and you fighting and me and you hating each other, it just wears me down,” I admitted and he smiled.

“Holz I don’t hate you, you should hate me but I don’t hate you. Jack well him and Alex are grown up’s they can fight their own battles without you needing to get involved and as for you and Jack well it’s nothing more than jealously on his side,” he said and I shook my head and he laughed.

“He’s as jealous as they come trust me, he can’t handle the fact Alex might love someone other than him and he lashes out at you because it’s the only way you can ever get Alex to notice,” Zack explained.

“What?” I asked and he smiled.

“Jack wants Alex to notice him and to see how much this is hurting him but Alex doesn’t see it, Alex thinks this is all on him and that it’s easy for Jack well it’s not. Jack hates what you 2 do and he’s paranoid, he thinks the only way to make Alex see him now is to keep this stupid war with you going. Okay so he hates you a lot and he’s not going to come down from that anytime soon but it’s not your fault,” Zack reassured and I nodded.

“He has this crazy thing in his mind that when he’s not around and you 2 are here together that Alex actually wants you, that you are together properly and that he’ll end up looking an idiot when Alex tells everyone he’s straight,” Zack said and I pulled a disgusted face.

“That is gross, it’s Alex,” I said and he smiled.

“Yeah looks like you were thinking that when you were making out with him last night,” Zack snapped and I saw him tense.

“Didn’t do yourself any favors then, he went mental after you guys left,” Zack explained and I sighed rubbing my eyes.

“I feel like I should just go and leave Alex to it for awhile,” I said and Rian walked back in.

“I so just walked in on something I shouldn’t have but who cares, don’t go anywhere we’d miss you,” he said sitting down and I nodded.

“I’m so bored,” I admitted and Zack stood up.

“I’m going to cheer you right up,” he said smiling and Rian winked.

“I thought you 2 were over that?” he asked and Zack turned to face him and Rian looked away quickly.

“I’m going to let you watch Rian attempt to skateboard, come on,” he said standing up and I followed them and noticed the skateboard by the door and smiled.

I swear Zack never went anything without that thing.

“Come on Rian show me your skills,” I said and he looked down the street before attempting to skate in a straight line.

“See I told you,” Zack said standing next to me.

“Do ‘that thing on the kerb’ as you call it,” Zack said and Rian attempted it but failed and then looked at me.

“It’s harder than it looks,” he said and I smiled.

“I know it is,” I stated and Zack laughed.

“Yeah sure it’s that hard,” he teased and Rian glared at him.

“Come here,” I said taking the skateboard from him and doing what he’d been trying to do.

“How do you do that?” he asked and I laughed.

“I dated Zack of course I know how to do that,” I said.

“You can still do it,” Zack said hugging me from behind and I nodded and Rian smiled at us and then Zack let me go.

“Anyway are we still having that party later?” he asked and Rian looked at him then nodded.

“Yeah tonight at mine, about 7ish. We’re having a party nothing major, but you should come,” he said and I nodded.

“I think I’ll stay at home,” I said and Zack shook his head.

“Come on, it’ll be fine,” he said and I smiled and then shook my head again.

“I don’t want all the arguments,” I admitted and Rian smiled.

“Hollybear your coming to this party even if I have to kidnap you on a skateboard to make you come,” he said and I laughed.

“You’d never manage it,” I replied and he smiled.

“Come on Holly it’ll be fine, anyway what plans have you got? Oh that’s right none so come to a party,” Zack said and I smiled at them.

“Okay but if there’s an argument don’t say I didn’t warn you,” I said and they both nodded.

“See you later then,” Rian shouted as they walked off and Rian started to push Zack in a playful way and I watched them walk off before going back inside.