Holly, Would You Turn Me

Get This Thing Started

I rang Alex to tell him about the party and to see if he was okay and he said he was fine and that he might come he wasn’t really sure and I knew that meant he wasn’t coming.

My phone rang and I saw it was the record company.

“Hello,” I answered and I heard some guy on the other end.

“Phillip isn’t in this week but he asked me to ring you about working,” he said and I sat down.

“He wants to know what’s going on with you and also if you know anything about All Time Low?” the guy asked and I rolled my eyes.

“Tell Phillip to stop asking me to find things out about Alex’s band, if he wants to know he can ring them and if they have anything to tell him they’ll tell him themselves as for me he said I hadn’t got any work to do for a few months,” I snapped.

“Sorry but he asked me to ask and he said your supposed to be working with Boys Like Girls next week,” he said and I sighed.

“Well he never told me, when’s he back at work?” I asked and the guy stumbled for words.

“2 days but I’m supposed to be ringing him later on,” he said.

“Right tell him when you talk to him to ring one of All Time Low himself if he wants to know what they’re doing and that he needs to ring me when he gets back to work can you please?” I asked and the guy laughed.

“I’ll tell him, I can’t guarantee he’ll be happy with it,” he said and I laughed.

“That makes both of us then, can you tell me when I’m supposed to be working and where?” I asked and I heard him flicking through a book.

“Next Monday to the Tuesday the week after and in New York according to this,” he said.

“Okay thanks, bye,” I said hanging up.

I decided I might as well go to Rian’s now seeing as I had nothing else to do so I got ready to go when there was a knock at the door.

I opened it to see 3 girls.

“Omg it’s true,” one of them said and I looked at her confused.

“Your Holly Gilburn aren’t you?” she asked and I nodded.

“You are so pretty, we love you,” she said and I smiled.

“And you are?” I asked and they beamed back.

“Kelly, Rilyn and Mary-Lou,” she said pointing to her fiends and I smiled.

“We are such big fans of you guys, is he here?” she asked and I shook my head.

“I take it you mean Alex?” I asked and they all shook with excitement at the mention of his name.

“Yeah he’s amazing, where is he?” they asked and I smiled.

“Out of town for a bit sorry,” I replied and they all looked a bit sad.

I guess I’m not exactly what they were looking for, but hey I was all they were getting right now.

“We love him, why are you 2 not even married yet? If I had Alex I’d marry him right away so nobody else could ever have him,” Rilyn asked and I laughed.

“It’s a cute thought but I don’t think we need to get married,” I answered and she looked at me.

“Why though? He loves you and you love him, surely marriage is where this is all going,” she asked and I had to give it to her, she had a point.

“Maybe one day but we don’t have to get married,” I answered and they all nodded.

“Still he’s so cute, I can’t believe he’s not here,” she said and I nodded.

“Sorry,” I stated and they looked at each other.

“Are you going somewhere?” Mary-Lou asked and I looked at myself and then smiled.

“Yeah I’m supposed to be visiting a few old friends,” I said and they nodded.

“You look dressed up, you look nice though. You sure Alex likes you dressing like that for other people?” she asked and I smiled.

“Thanks and I’m sure he’ll survive, he proclaims his love for you guys all the time,” I replied and they smiled.

“Anyway we should probably go, bye Holly!” they said waving and I shut the door walking off again, I finished getting ready before walking down to Rian’s.

“Whoa Holly you look…nice,” Rian said and I looked at him.

“What?” I asked and he smiled.

“Well look at you, you look great. Someone will be impressed,” he stated as I walked past him and I looked at him as he followed me into the kitchen.

I hardly called it dressed up or anything special, I’d got a blue skirt on with a red and white stripe top and sandalsseeing as I had no clue where my converse had gone.

“Who are you on about?” I asked and he smiled.

“Zachary, if your attempting to make him regretful of his decision to treat you like crap then looking like that you will be successful,” Rian said and I shook my head.

”I’m not trying to do anything,” I said and he smiled.

“Well if your not he’ll still be watching you all night, you know he still likes you and he really is sorry,” he said and I nodded.

“I know he is,” I stated as I took a drink form Rian and the door opened as Jack walked in with some friends and his eyes fell on me and I looked away.

I didn’t recognize many of the people Jack had with him.

“That’s Rian and the girl is Holly,” Jack said his voice changing when he spoke my name.

“Holly as in Alex and?” one girl asked and he nodded.

“Where is he?” she asked and Rian coughed as a hint the question was aimed at me.

“Oh he’s out of town for a bit, he said he might get back but I doubt it,” I said and they all nodded and walked off.

“See he won’t start an argument with his friends here,” Rian said and I nodded.

“Who are they?” I asked and he shrugged.

“No idea.”

“So why are they here?” I asked and he smiled.

“Because Zack told him to bring some friends and told me to let him bring friends so he wouldn’t argue with you,” he said smiling as he walked into the lounge and I followed him.

“Guys the party is here!” I heard Zack shout from the hallway.

“Lounge!” Rian shouted back as I stood talking to one of our friends nearby.

“Well lets get this…Whoa,” he said and I heard Rian start to laugh followed by whispering.

“Holly?” Zack said and I turned to see him stood behind me.

“Hi,” I said and he looked at me and then smiled.

“Hey. How are you?” he asked and I nodded.

“You?” and he smiled.

“I’m great, you look…great,” he said and I smiled.

I looked at him to see he was wearing his favourite skinny jeans and his striped tank (which he considered to be the best one).

“You look good too,” I said and he smiled.

“I’m going to get a drink, so come find me when your finished,” he said and I nodded and he walked off.

I turned back to finish talking to our friend before going to find Zack and I saw him leant against the counter in the kitchen and I walked in and he stood up straight smiling.

“Holly,” he said and I smiled as I walked past people to get to him.

“Hey thanks for making Rian let Jack bring other people,” I said and he smiled.

“Anytime,” he said looking at me more than paying attention to anything I was saying.

I’d have normally snapped at a guy who was doing that and told him he was a jerk but I liked the attention from Zack even if he had been an utter dick to me.

“Alex isn’t coming is he?” he asked and I shook my head.

“What are you all dressed up for then?” he asked and I laughed.

“Says Mr favorite outfit over here,” I replied and he smiled.

“Plus I can wear what I want surely?” I asked and he smiled.

“Don’t get me wrong I’m not complaining,” he replied quickly, I stood talking to him for ages and Rian kept walking past smiling at us when he saw us.

“I’ll be back in a minute,” he said walking off and I noticed one of Jack’s friend’s head outside with cigarettes and decided to try my luck.

“Hi,” I said as I stepped outside and he smiled.

“Wayne,” he said and I smiled.

“I’m Holly,” I replied and he smiled.

“Want one?” he asked holding out his packet and I smiled nodding and he gave me one handing me his lighter and I lit it giving him it back.

“Thanks, so you know Jack?” I asked and he nodded explaining how they met at a party a couple of days back.