Holly, Would You Turn Me

I Miss Friends

* Alex’s POV *

I watched her sleep on Jacks shoulder, her face was coming out in bruises and her head had a massive lump where he’d smacked it against the wall but she just looked so beat up and I knew that was on the inside.

She’d hate me forever for this and she was right it was my fault, she wouldn’t let anyone near her and Jack seemed to be the only person she would let touch her.

I stood up to go and get some air and saw Jack watch me before sliding from her grip and following me, I went to walk off and he grabbed me shutting the door to her room.

“I’m sorry Alex, I honestly never knew and I’d never let anyone hurt her regardless of how I felt. I’d never let anyone do that to a stranger let alone someone I’ve known that long,” he said and I nodded.

“I know and I shouldn’t have blamed you, this is my fault and she’ll hate me forever now won’t she?” I asked and he shook his head.

“This is all our fault, I shouldn’t have been a dick and made you guys argue and I should have walked her home, you shouldn’t have just took off and not thought about what she wanted. Rian should never have made her come to that party and we should never have even had a party; it’s not like we’ve got anything to celebrate and Zack shouldn’t have kissed her and made her feel awkward. Mostly it’s that guys fault, he should never have taken advantage and forced himself on her like that, when she begged to go he should have let her,” Jack said and I started to cry.

He hugged me and I wrapped my arms around him.

“Alex I’m so sorry for everything, I never meant to hit her I just have crappy control over myself sometimes and I never mean to hurt people but I just don’t know when to stop. I’m sorry I forced myself on you that night but I just missed you, you were my best friend and I hate not having you around anymore,” he admitted pulling away.

“I’m sorry I make you feel that way sometimes, I just owe her so much I feel like I need to do everything she wants and more even though she doesn’t expect it. I miss being friends with you,” I explained.

“Friends?” he asked and I nodded.

“She won’t hate you, she’s just scared and saying things she doesn’t mean. You wait she’ll wake up and she’ll be back in love with you again,” he said smiling and I laughed.

“I hope so. Zack kissed her?” I asked and Jack shrugged.

“Obviously, I know he still loves her. I’m the reason they broke up as well, he loves her it’s so obvious. Apparently earlier he was ‘a bit flirty’ according to Rian and Zack’s never like that. I saw him at the party he couldn’t stop looking at her but then she does look pretty, I’ll fix this don’t you worry,” he said walking back in and pulling me after him.

We sat down next to each other, I grabbed his hand and he smiled, I saw Zack watching her sleep and I smiled.

“You so love her,” I teased and he glared at me and then rolled his eyes.

“No point in denying it now is there, yes I do love her and I regret ever doing half them things. I just don’t think she’ll ever be with me again,” he admitted and everyone kept quiet.

Jack was right, she woke up and cried because she’d been horrible to me and I laughed saying I deserved it and we were as Jack said ‘back in love’.

She seemed to be fine and was sat talking to Rian and Zack although you could tell she felt a bit awkward around Zack.

He had noticed and I knew it had upset him that she was so bothered about their kiss.