Holly, Would You Turn Me

Romance Isn't My Thing

“Hey babe,” he said kissing her and she smiled and then noticed the look on Jacks face when she walked into the lounge and spun around to look at me.

“1 why are you 2 topless and 2 what’s with Jack’s face?” she asked and I smiled as I sat down.

“1 Jack undressed me and 2 he’s crappy at hiding things, sit down we need to talk,” I said and she sat next to Zack looking at us all.

“Alex?” she asked and I smiled.

“You know how all this stuff started between us all and everyone got thrown into a massive argument and nobody was friends?” I asked and she nodded.

“Well we don’t ever want that to happen again, none of us do. This is the way we should be, all of us best friends and all of us happy,” I explained and she nodded.

“Yeah I know,” she said.

“Well I guess it took you being in hospital to put us all back to normal and for us to see that some changes need to be made. We all agree we want to make sure none of us ever have that sort of argument again and we know how to do that,” I admitted and she looked at Zack but he kept looking at me.

“Zack and you have been together 2 years practically and Jack and I have been together for 5 years and well we’ve all spoken about this and Holly I hate to do this to you but we’re breaking up,” I said and she looked at me.

“What you guys?” she asked and I shook my head.

“No us 2, Holly I just think we’re better of as friends and no matter how pretty you are I just don’t love you,” I said and she glared at me than smiled.

“So your okay about us breaking up?” I asked and she nodded.

“But what about all them girls?” she asked and I smiled.

“Well when they find out I’m gay it should be okay,” I said and she stared shocked.

“Yes we’re coming out, we all talked,” I said and Rian smiled.

“We don’t care anymore, and the record label can drop us. If they do they look bad not us and well if our fans really like our music it makes no difference that them 2 are together. We’d rather risk that then have an argument again,” Rian explained and she looked back at me.

“Holly it’s fine, once you agree we’re telling the record label and doing a press conference about it in 2 days time. It’s all planned babe you just need to say your okay with all this,” I reassured.

“But what about everything?” she asked and I smiled.

“What? This is the right thing to do Holly, I can’t find behind a fake life anymore. I know it stresses you and it put us all under pressure, you’ll have to come to the press conference but it’ll be fine. Sure it’s scary as hell but we’ll all get through it together and our real lives will be the life everyone knows about. Jack and me and Zack and you and Rian,” I explained.

“I sound like one of your kids,” Rian said and she smiled at him.

“Is that okay?” I asked and she shrugged.

“If it’s what you guys want then yeah sure, as long as your happy and this is right then okay,” she said and I smiled at her.

“This is right Holly, as of now we’ve broken up but nothing comes out about any of this until the press conference okay?” I asked and they all nodded at me.

My phone vibrated and I saw it was from Zack.

‘What now? X’ he asked and I smiled.

‘Your good to go, good luck ;) x’ I replied and I saw him read it and then he sighed.

“So is that everything?” she asked and they all nodded.

“Not really,” Zack said and she looked at him.

“What?” Jack whispered and I smiled.

“Just keep watching,” I whispered back and he kept his eyes trained on them.

“Holly babe, I know what I did to you before was all wrong and I regret ever doing it. I should’ve smacked Jack for touching you but I hate arguments and you know that. I know I get in some bad moods but I never mean it and I think this whole lie thing stopping will help out so much,” he admitted and she nodded.

“I know and it’s okay really, we agreed to forget about it,” she said smiling.

“I know we did and I’m so happy we’re together again and everything’s back to how it should be. I can’t wait for everyone to know we’re together because I love you, you know that right?” he asked and she smiled.

“Yeah and I love you too, what’s with all this?” she asked.

“Well I just needed to say that before I said this,” he said and I squeezed Jacks hand excited for what was coming.

Zack moved to be in front of her and got on one knee and she looked confused before getting where this was all going as he pulled something from his pocket and she looked over at me before her eyes fell back to him.

“Holly I love you more than anything and being apart made me see that more than ever. You mean everything to me and I guess I want to know if you’ll marry me?” he asked and she put her hand to her mouth before crying.

“Yeah I will!” she replied and he jumped up hugging her.

“So that’s what was wrong with Zack,” Jack said and I nodded.

“He was so nervous, you need to check that engagement ring out because it’s epic,” I stated and he nodded.

He got up hugging Holly.

“Can we get food now?” he asked turning to walk into the kitchen and Holly looked at me.

“What’s up with Jack?” she asked and I smiled.

“Nothing I can’t solve,” I replied.

I knew exactly what was up with Jack; the topic of marriage got him all grumpy. He hated the subject and any mention of it was enough to make him go into a bad mood, it wasn’t that he hated marriage it was the fact I had never wanted to get married that he hated.

He’d always been aware that I had no desire to get married; I never really understood the concept of it, marriage was the same as dating you just wore a ring.

I was a strong believer in the whole ‘if it ain’t broke don’t fix it’ strategy and I knew he had this little thing in his head where he kind of liked the idea of being married.

He hated the topic of Holly and I getting married because he was worried it was something I’d do but I’d never have taken things that far.

“How?” she asked quietly and I smiled.

“By doing a Zack,” I stated and she looked at me than her eyes widened.

“Your not going to…” she started as I nodded and she hugged me.

“I’m not doing all that romantic crap though,” I whispered and she rolled her eyes at me.

It was safe to say I was not in any shape romantic as Jack had said he was the one that always came to me but then he always caved first, he disappeared into the kitchen and Zack nudged me and I smiled.

“Jack!” I shouted and he ignored me.

“Jack!” I repeated.

“Yeah what?” he shouted back.

“Jack!” I shouted again and I heard him slam whatever he’d got in his hand down and then he appeared at the doorway.

“What the fuck do you want?” he snapped at me and I tried not to smile at him.

“Want to get married?” I asked and he just glared at me.

“Alex I know you said you weren’t being romantic about it but seriously that’s how you’re doing this?” Holly asked and I shrugged and he just walked off.

I looked at her and she shook her head.

“He loves you you idiot, you can’t just saying want to get married. Go and be at least half romantic about it,” she said pushing me towards the kitchen and keeping the others away.

I walked in to see he had his back to me.

“Jack,” I stated.

“Just fuck off Alex,” he said and I knew he was upset.

“Jack come on,” I said but he shook his head.

“Seriously not now Alex,” he replied and I took my chances walking up behind him and wrapping my arm around his waist.

“I’m fine,” he lied and I laughed before kissing his neck.

“No your not, look at me,” I ordered and he turned around.

“You can’t just take the piss like that, you know how I feel about all that crap and I know how you feel. You can’t take the piss in front of everyone especially not right after he proposes,” he said looking at the floor and I smiled.

“I love you Jack and I wasn’t taking the piss, I’m just not big in the whole romance department,” I admitted.

“What do you mean you weren’t taking the piss?” he asked and I smiled as he looked at me.

“I really was just asking you to marry me,” I said and his eyes widened.

“But you said you never wanted to get married?” he asked and I nodded.

“Yeah I know but I do now and I want to marry you so are you saying yes or not?” I asked.

“Nice big romantic gesture, Zack came out with all that soppy love crap before asking you just say ‘want to get married?’” he stated and I knew I wasn’t getting away with this.

“Jack we argued and fell out and I didn’t like it, I missed you and well after 5 years you’ve persuaded me somehow into thinking that us getting married is a good idea so are you going to say yes?” I asked and he smiled.

“If that’s as romantic as it’s getting then I guess I’ll deal with it, yes I want to marry you,” he said and I kissed him and I felt someone jump on me and Jack laughed.

“Holly,” I stated and she laughed.

“I love you guys, group hug!” she shouted wrapping her arms around Jack.