Holly, Would You Turn Me

Just Man Up

2 days later and I was terrified, Rian was fine but Zack was pacing up and down and Holly just sat staring into space; Jack kept saying he felt sick an going outside and I just didn’t know what to say. I just looked at everyone and the more nervous they became he worse I felt.

“I don’t know what to do?” I stated and Holly looked at me.

“I feel sick,” she said and then walked off and I followed her to see she was sat outside next to Jack.

“I’m scared,” Jack said and she nodded.

“You are? Alex is just about to tell everyone that our whole ‘relationship’ was a lie, that he’s actually gay and I’m just his friend. People liked me before now they’ll hate me, I’ll be that girl Alex lied about. People that don’t like me will say it was my whole idea we lied to everyone and I’ll be this bad person. People that like Zack will think I’m just jumping to Zack because everything about Alex and I was a lie,” she said and he put his arm around her.

“Yeah but at least you were straight the whole way through, I’m just about to come out to the world. I nearly passed out when I told my parents,” Jack said and she laughed.

“I wish I was there to see that, how could they not know?” she asked and he shrugged.

“I used to be good with girls, I had girlfriends. Girls would always come around the house; girls liked me so they just presumed I liked girls. I don’t think anyone’s parents presume their child is gay, I thought they’d hate me when they found out but they were so cool about it, like it didn’t even matter and I know that won’t happen this time,” he admitted.

“Guys come on,” I said and they both turned to face me.

“They want us now,” I said and they nodded following me back inside.

“Holly I’m scared,” I stated and she hugged me.

“Me too, you still want to do this?” she asked and I nodded.

“Sit next to me?” I asked and she rolled her eyes.

“Alex come on please you don’t have to do this,” someone from the record label said and I nodded.

“We do have to do this, it’s not right lying everyone. Drop us if that’s what you want but we’re doing this,” I snapped at him before Rian pulled me into the room next door, when we’d agreed to do a press conference the idea didn’t seem so bad but the whole thing kicked in about an hour after we spoke to Holly about it so we all decided we’d pick one magazine and we’d tell them.

Once one person knew it would spread pretty quickly and we only wanted to set the record straight.

Rian picked the magazine, I didn’t even know who he’d picked and I preferred it that way. Luckily there were only 2 people in the room and one of them was our publicist who was yet to actually find out the truth.

“Holly,” she said looking confused and she smiled at her as she sat next to me, the girl sat across the table from us and I grabbed Holly’s hand under the table. I looked over at Jack who looked like he may well pass out any second.

“Hi,” Rian said trying to get the whole interview thing going and the girl from the magazine smiled at him.

She looked like she’d go easy on us but then people with angel like faces could be evil, Holly was a prime example.

She looked sweet and kind but damn you got on the wrong side of her and you knew all about it, part of me was very aware of that side and I knew the others were as well.

The only person who stood up to her properly was Jack and he was another example of a kind looking person being evil.

We talked about the tour and what we’d all been up to since it finished and when we planned on bringing a new album out and I knew the question about Holly and mines break up was coming out of the girls mouth sometime soon but she didn’t want to seem pushy for gossip but when it became apparent we weren’t bringing it up she did.

“If you don’t mind me asking Holly Alex announced on twitter the other day you 2 have broken up is this true?” she asked and Holly nodded.

“Yeah it is,” Holly replied.

“So who did the breaking up and why?” she asked and I sighed and felt everyone’s eyes fall on me.

“Alex did,” Holly stated and the girl smiled looking at me.

Not exactly the right thing to smile about I thought to myself.

“Alex I thought you and Holly were for keeps?” she asked and I nodded.

“That’s what you all thought,” I replied trying to find the words to say, this was easier in my head than it was now.

“So why did you break up?” she asked and I saw Rian stare at Jack trying to keep him calm.

I heard whispering and the girl looked over at Jack and Rian who were the culprits.

“Sorry what?” she asked and Rian shook his head.

“Nothing, sorry carry on,” Rian stated holding Jacks gaze and I knew he was trying to keep a disaster from happening.

Jacks ability to say things at inappropriate times was about to come back and bite us all on the ass if I didn’t think fast.

He could say anything to just get the news out there and once it left his mouth there was no telling what damage it could do to anyone and also his brain didn’t always think things through before he said them making it far worse.

“Sorry what were you saying?” I asked thrown off by Rian’s attempts to shut him up.

“I said why did you break up?” she repeated and I nodded before squeezing Holly’s hand tighter.

“It’s not an issue of loving her because I’ve loved Holly since I was a kid, she’s my best friend and always has been and nothing will change that but I just don’t like her that way,” I said bottling out of just saying it straight out.

“So she’s not good enough for you?” the girl asked and I shook my head.

“No she’s more than good enough but she’s… I’m…I don’t really know how to say it,” I admitted and I saw Jack fidgeting.

Man up Alex before Jack cracks.

“I’m not exactly his type,” Holly cut in.

“So what he prefers blond girls? You were together a long time if your not his type,” the girl replied and Holly nodded.

“No he doesn’t really like blond girls either,” Holly answered.

“So redheads?” she asked and Holly shook her head.

Come on Alex are you seriously going to let Holly do all this, it’s your life, your sexuality so you say it!

My mind blanked as I panicked, what if people hated me?

What if thy made Holly’s life bad or Jack’s, what if they stopped liking our band? I couldn’t work a normal 9 – 5 I’d be useless at it.

“Well if your not his type and they’re not his type who is?” the girl asked and I saw Jack fidget again and before he had a chance to say a word I cracked.

“Guys okay, guys are my type. I’m gay and I always have been, I’ve never had a real girlfriend and I’ve never wanted one! Holly’s always known I was gay she was the first person I told when I came out at 15,” I blurted out and the interviewer and our publicist Ivy’s eyes widened and they stared in shock.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey I started a new story so check it out if you like We All Fall Down I'd be pretty happy if you did :)