Holly, Would You Turn Me

Jalex Is Real?

“What?” Ivy asked and I looked at her.

“I’m sorry we never told you but we had no choice,” I said and she just stared at us all.

“Your gay?” the interviewer asked and I nodded.

“So why date Holly?” she asked and I scratched at my head.

“We’re a band and have been for years and when it was apparent this was all we wanted to do in life it was clear if we were ever to survive we needed a record contract and people made it clear that people in bands that want to make it need to be straight,” I explained.

“I’m not ashamed of who I really am but for the good of the band I lied and said I was straight and we got a record deal, it was never about selling myself out for success because I’d never do that. I did what I did because it wasn’t just me who wanted to make it as a band and I couldn’t let everyone down even though they never made me and they never asked me to do it,” I carried on and she just stared at me.

“But when I got girls asking me out and girls hitting on me I had no clue what to do, I’ve never had any female attention in my entire life and the only females I’ve ever been comfortable around are Holly and my mom. I admitted I hated it and it was suggested that I made up a girlfriend in hope the girls would back off but when I did that it never worked and I got close to just quitting the band,” I admitted.

“So where does Holly come into all this?” the girl asked.

“I asked her to be my girlfriend, she already knew I was gay and she knew I was uncomfortable with female attention so she seemed the best option for me. She knew me and I felt relaxed and fine with the idea of pretending to date her and with persuasion she gave in and agreed to be my pretend girlfriend,” I lied.

I wasn’t telling anyone that Holly had volunteered because people would twist that all ways.

“So you just agreed to it?” she asked Holly and she nodded.

“He was pretty down about it all and I knew this band meant everything to him and he’s so good at music so I started dating him but it was never real,” Holly explained and I nodded.

“It’s never been real between us, if you think back its rare you ever see us kiss properly. I always kiss her cheek or something and we’ve never ever been a proper couple, I just got comfortable behind this lie and never really felt the time was right to admit it was a lie until recently,” I explained.

“Why now?” she asked and I saw Jack rest his feet on the edge of the table.

“Because it was causing arguments between everyone, all of us are best friends but the whole lie was making that impossible and we all fell out. I guess it all got too much pressure and once one of us cracked we all did and it’s pushed me into telling the truth. I feel so horrible for lying to our fans because we truly do love them but I had to do it, if I never lied they’d have never even heard our music and I just hope they understand and forgive me for what I’ve done,” I apologized.

“We totally understand if they hate us but this is who I am and I can’t change that and it changes nothing about the band, we’re still the same All Time Low and we’ll make the same music it’s just that I’m not dating Holly and I won’t be dating a girl ever,” I admitted and the girl smiled.

Okay so she was a nice person.

“Holly you must be like the ultimate best friend,” she said and I smiled.

“You could say that and I just want to make sure nobody hates her for this because it’s none of her fault, all she ever did was help me out and I owe her for it,” I cut in and the girl smiled and Ivy rolled her eyes.

“You 2, how I never saw it I don’t know. Now you think of it you were never exactly ‘couply’ about things and you always put off the idea of a family and marriage,” Ivy said and I smiled.

“Aww I’m still kind of sad, I love you guys your one of my favorite bands but I always loved the idea of Holly and yourself getting married, by the way I still love you guys regardless of all this,” the girl said and I sighed relieved.

“Thank you and sorry but you won’t see me marrying her anytime soon,” I replied and she sighed.

“Holly you’d make such a pretty bride though,” she said and I laughed.

“Oh she’s still going to be a bride because there’s a bit more to our little story,” I said and she looked at me confused.

“But if your gay who’s she going to marry?” she asked confused and I saw Zack smile at the mention of Holly and marriage in the same sentence.

“Me,” Zack cut in and the girl looked at him.

“You?” she asked and he nodded.

“Yeah, Holly and I have been dating for 2 years now and I proposed the other day and she said yes,” he said and holly and himself started to smile.

“Zack and Holly? No way! So you guys have been really dating whilst Alex and Holly have been pretend dating?” she asked and Zack nodded.

“Tension?” she asked and we shrugged.

“Not really we’ve always known that they weren’t really together but yeah not being able to tell people we were together made things difficult. In fact I’ve not even told my family I’m dating Holly let alone that we’re engaged,” Zack admitted and Ivy laughed.

“Your mother will kill you Zachary, but congrats,” she said and he smiled at her.

“You know how ever much I was a fan of Alex and Holly thinking about it you 2 look cute together,” the girl said and Zack beamed.

“So there is a wedding, aww Holly you’ll look great as a bride. Seeing as I’m the one you all told first I hope I’m invited?” she said jokingly and they laughed.

“Yeah your invited, I love that I’m inviting people before even invited my mom,” he said and I laughed at him.

“So Alex seeing as your telling secrets any guys you’ve got your eye on?” the girl asked and Jack fidgeted and this time Ivy picked up on it.

“No way!” she said and everyone looked at her and I laughed.

“Really?” she asked me and I nodded and she smiled.

“Am I missing something here?” the girl asked.

“I’ve had my eye on someone for 5 years actually and I love them and I asked them to marry me as well,” I admitted.

Ivy smiled moving towards us and Rian just pointed at her and she took the hint and stopped dead.

“What? Holly and Zack are engaged, Alex your gay and engaged. Who too, is he famous?” she asked and I shrugged.

“Only as famous as I am,” I admitted.

I was delaying telling her because I wanted to really know if Jack wanted to say it or if I was.

“Its me,” Jack said and the girl looked at him as if wondering if this was just another of the infamous Jack Barakat random comments.

“Seriously? Jalex is real?” she asked and I looked at her.

“Jalex?” I asked and she nodded.

“It’s what people call you guys, like Brangelina,” she said and I laughed.

“We have one of them?” I asked and she nodded.

"Yeah Jalex,” she said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

“Yeah Jalex is real and yeah I’m gay too. Whoa guys I just came out again without passing out my mom will be so frikkin proud!” Jack said smiling and we laughed.

“Well I must admit when they said I was interviewing you I expected some bitchy story about Holly or some sob story about how this life had split you up not all this, this is insane!” she said and I laughed.

“Yeah life isn’t all it seems in All Time Low,” I said and she smiled.

“You can say that again, so Rian, she said and he laughed.

No I’m straight and yes I’m single, he said and she laughed.

You’re the boring one then, she teased and he nodded.

We said bye to her and she left, we sat talking to Ivy before leaving, the next months would be ‘interesting’ that was for sure.