Holly, Would You Turn Me

Arguments and Fights

Today we were finally going back home to Baltimore and for me the lie didn’t just end on tour, I lived with Holly and Jack lived just down the street a long with the others but our house was often the place where everyone crashed.

Zack's mom was coming to visit him and for him this meant a lot of tongue holding, his mother always nagged him to get a girlfriend and settle down, constantly telling him people his age should have met someone by now and all the while he kept Holly a secret because he knew what his mother was like.

Like most woman of a certain age Mrs Merrick loved to gossip and well this sort of thing would go down a storm with the neighbors and then her friends would tell theirs and the next thing you know our secret was well known gossip, Zack had kept quiet all the time they were together and he wasn’t about to start telling now.

I sat around watching them enjoy there last few minutes of being together before she arrived and I was in a foul mood because of it.

“Cheer up,” Jack said sitting next to me and I just glared at him.

“Sorry I spoke,” he snapped back provoking me.

“Grow up,” I snapped before standing up and storming off upstairs, I slammed the bedroom door and I felt the floor shake under my heavy footsteps.

Several minutes later the door flew open only to be slammed again as Jack walked in.

“Stop being in a mood with me, it isn’t my fault,” he shouted at me.

“Yes Jack it is,” I snapped back and he rolled his eyes.

“So its my fault your gay, my fault we’re together and my fault you make your best friend ‘date’ you to avoid awkwardness?” he asked.

“No it’s not all your fault Jack but you don’t help matters. You could’ve not put me in this position, I never asked for you to have feelings for me and I never asked for this relationship,” I shouted back lashing out with words that I’d never say normally.

“I never asked to have feelings for you Alex and no you didn’t ask for this but you never said no when I asked you,” he snapped back walking towards me.

For all the flirting and lust between us there was also a side that was argumentative, we had the ability to hate each other like nothing else and we could fight as if our lives depended on it, often with words but occasionally with fists.

It wasn’t that we were abusive to each other because it wasn’t like that, if one begged to stop then we would and neither of us had ever cried out in pain without the other stopping.

But we just fought like 2 kids that couldn’t control their feelings, we never broke bones it was normally just a few swift punches or slaps that were too hard to warrant the title ‘play fighting’, nobody thought this was an abusive relationship because we loved each other so much but we did have the tendency to fight.

“You know how hard this is for me, you could do something about it,” I snapped back as I stood my ground.

“So what you want this to finish? Fine it’s over see what I care,” he shouted at me.

“You’re a fucking dick you know that?” I asked him and he shook his head losing his temper with me.

“I’m the dick? You’re the one that isn’t brave enough to stand up for what he is and has to make a girl who could have everything she’d ever wanted lie and miss out,” he shouted at me and I clenched my fist.

“What you’re going to hit me now are you?” he asked and I tried my best to hold myself back.

“Hitting me won’t change the fact you’re the reason your so miserable, you’re the reason your angry and you’re the reason everything bad in your life has ever happened to you!” he shouted and I pushed him away from me but true to form he came back for more.

If only one of us knew how to truly back down this would never happen but we didn’t, Jack always came back for more never wanting to be the loser and I as usual stepped up to the mark and gave him the battle he was wanting.

“Don’t push me around Alex!” he snapped pushing me back and I pushed him harder but this time he returned with a punch to my shoulder.

I returned it only for him to slap me and within seconds we were shouting at each other and slapping, punching and kicking each other.

I heard shouting downstairs and knew we were about to be caught but Jack was still hitting me and I wasn’t stopping, the door flew open to reveal Holly who rolled her eyes at our childish behavior.

“Pack it in you 2,” she said sternly and I stopped myself but Jack kept going.

“Jack stop it!” she snapped at him but he just looked at her and kicked me again.

“Jack grow up and stop being such a baby, why you 2 can’t be like normal people I will never know but will you just stop it!” she shouted at him and before he realized what he was doing he raised his hand and slapped her.