Maybe Memories

She'll Never Know How Much She Means To Me

“Sherri darling are you home?” Bert called.

“Yeah I’m upstairs.”

I had just arrived home from work about ten minutes ago before a reluctant Bert. So far the boys have gotten a single out, Bert says it has a bit of me in it since it involved the break up. It’s called the bird and the worm. I heard him run up the stairs I moved out of his way and he crashed to the floor he looked up at me and fake glared. I let out a small laugh and finished putting the clothes away.

“Now Bert you should know by now that I know your every move.”

I felt his arms wrap around me, “I know. Guess what we are finished recording, and we’re shooting a video now and I want you to be there with me.”

“Of course I will. Where are the guys? And where’s the video being shot?”

“The boys went for coffee but I came home to see you and it shall be shot in Toronto.”

“Sweet I get out of this country for a few days.”

“Two weeks to be exact.”

“Thank god my boss understands.”

“If not I’ll talk to him.”

I walked over to the dresser and put the last piece of clothing, which happened to be Bert’s boxers, into the drawer.

“Sherri I love you.”

I turned around and kissed him, “I love you more.”

“Do you now? We’ll just have to see about that won’t we?”

As he said this a smirk played across his lips. As he pulled my hips closer and was about to kiss my neck the phone rang. He sighed as I picked it up.

“Hello.”

Nothing just heavy breathing and then a dial tone, I hung up walked more like ran downstairs, opened the door and playfully hit Quinn across the arm.

“Every time you figure out it's me."

“Well if you didn’t do it so much I wouldn’t hit you now would I?”

“You know you love me.”

I rolled my eyes than let out a sigh, two can play at this game, “yes cause we all know I want to secretly marry you Quinn.”

“Told you so.”

I walked off and into Bert’s arms, this was the one place I felt safe and I didn’t want to leave it, “when do we leave anyways.”

“Tomorrow.”

“What? I've got to pack, and call my boss.”

“You go pack I’ll call your boss then be up to pack my things ok love.”

“Ok.”

As I watched Sherri walk up the steps into our bedroom I smiled to myself, I really loved that girl and would die for her. If she only knew that.

“You two have been together how long now and you still get that look every time you see her.”

I knew the look he meant, Dan spoke up.

“What look is that?”

“Well that look is the look he first gave her when he found out he loved her and needed to be with her for the rest of his life.”

“Ah that look.”

Then I picked up the receiver and dialled Sherri’s boss.

I was almost finished when I heard Bert come in the door I looked at him and he had a smile on his face, I knew that look and hugged him. I threw my legs around his waist and he spun me around. After putting me down we kissed and he hugged me once again.

“Know this one thing I love you Sherri and I would die for you and if we split up again I would die right there.”

“Don’t worry Robert I love you too, and I’d do the same. But the only way one of us is leaving each other is when we’re old and we go in a casket.”

“So you do see marriage in our future.”

“Of course.”

He smiled at me and kissed me once again before getting his stuff ready.