Maybe Memories

The Ghost of You

The next morning I awoke with a start, I heard someone ringing my doorbell over and over again. I slowly got up and looked out the window and seen why whoever it was had been doing this. It had been raining like crazy; I smiled considering the weather felt the same as I did. I fixed my hair and ran down the stairs; I opened the door only to find Gerard Way on my doorstep. Before he could say anything I hauled him in out of the rain and pulled him into a hug getting wet in the process.

“It’s about time you opened that damn door,” Gerard spoke with a smile.

“What time did you get home?” I asked him happily.

“About a half an hour ago,” he responded, he then looked at my demeanour, “did you just wake up?”

“Yeah I kind of had a rough night last night,” I sighed.

He let out a small laugh as we walked into the living room and sat on the couch, “must be Bert’s doing then.”

I looked down at the floor and let out another sigh, a few tears left my eyes, Gerard’s smile than faded into a look of sadness. He let out a disappointed sigh and pulled me into a large bear hug.

“Tell me darling what did he do to you?” He asked, placing a caring hand on my face.

“He broke up with me for no apparent reason and I kicked him out last night. Oh Gerard what do I do now, we were together forever, and I thought we would be together even longer.”

“Don’t worry love, you’ll always have me, and the rest of the band of course,” he replied smiling his famous smile to me.

When he called me love my heart skipped a beat and I calmed down and stopped crying. I shook the feeling since I was still not over Bert, I still needed Bert more than anything on this planet, I was still in Gerard’s arms and I wondered what Bert was doing now.

Meanwhile Bert had sat up for three hours thinking about what he had done to his beloved. He couldn’t believe he had done this to the one he loved the most. When awoke had awoken the following morning he had told Quinn what happened. He sat through an hour lecture on what he lost, he knew what he had lost but when he had seen this girl at the cafe something reminded him of Sherri and he asked her for a date, he knew it was early but he had to move on.

“Sherri will you do me a favour,” Gerard asked.

“Depends on the favour Gee,” she responded coyly.

“Go have a shower and come over to Mikey’s with me and we’ll explain what happened and we’ll go out for coffee or something.”

I stood up and stretched and got poked by Gerard in the process. I turned to him and ran my hand through his long, wet black hair. He stood up and gave me another hug and I gave him a kiss on his cheek, which caused him to hide behind his hair.

“Thanks Gerard, for everything.”
“What are friends for,” he said, “and wait until Bert hears from me.”

“Let’s forget about him and move on to something more important,” I replied to his response.

I felt kind of upset, one for the fact that Gerard said were friends and the fact that I can’t ever forget about Bert. How can you forget someone who you loved for your whole life? Wait, why am I upset over being just friends with Gerard? Am I getting feelings for my best friend? I shook my head as I the hot water ran down my back.

As I walked downstairs I noticed Gerard snoozing on my couch so I took the opportunity to pounce on him. I had gotten the perfect reaction from him, which caused us to land on the floor with him on top of me looking into my eyes. For a moment I swore he was going to lean in and kiss me but something stopped him, he then laughed at me.

“You scared me,” he laughed.

“You have to admit that was hilarious,” I smiled back

He laughed a bit more and proceeded to help me up off the floor, we then headed to the door and once open I noticed it had stopped raining.

“Well neither of us is going to look like a drowned rat now,” I spoke.

He pointed to my wet hair and his slightly dried hair.

“We already do.”

We than headed towards Mikey’s hand in hand, smiles on our faces.