Maybe Memories

Sexy Back

As soon as I stepped out of the bathroom I was taken out by someone, I knew it was Frank since we were always tackling each other. Oh and I forgot Mikey has gotten eye surgery and as a joke Alicia, Frankie and I had a fake funeral for his glasses. Super lame I know, but oh well, we’re foolish like that.

“Nice to see you to Frankie,” I said patting the top of his head.

“Sherri we should get a haircut.”

“You can I’m perfectly fine with mine. Now can you please get off of me?” I asked.

He let out a small laugh and pulled himself up and before he could help me up Gerard was grabbing me by the waist.

“I think I could go for a haircut too, and maybe a dye job. Hey I could go blond to make myself look more like the patient.”

“Oh Gerard you’re going all out for the new album and it’s not even out yet,” I spoke dramatically.

“I know darling but I could go for a different look and we haven’t even finished recording, I hope we get it done on time.”

“You worry too much Gerard, we’ll get it done,” Ray told them.

“You’re right now I’ll go shower and we’ll go get our haircut,” he replied.

He proceeded to kiss me, but I noticed there was something different about this kiss, and I think Gerard noticed as well. When he pulled away he looked down at me with sad eyes and went to the bathroom. All I thought was ‘what’s wrong with him?’ I shook it off and sat down on the couch between Bob and Ray. Speaking of Bob I remember setting him up with MCR a few years back, I remember Brandon jokingly saying that he’d never make it, now look at him.

“Sherri I’ve known you long enough to know something’s up. Now are you going to tell me what it is?” Bob asked.

“I don’t know. Well I think I’m not over Bert now with that kiss Gerard gave me I know something’s wrong with him and I can’t lose him for the sake of our friendship, look what happened to Bert and I.”

At this Ray chipped in, “don’t worry Sherri if anything happened and that’s a big if, Gerard’s your best friend he wouldn’t hate you.”

“You’re right,” I replied.

They gave me a hug and when they pulled away I stood up and stretched. I happened to notice how happy Frank and Jamia were and how happy Alicia and Mikey were in their marriage that I lost it and went out in the hall. I heard Gerard’s’ voice calling and soon enough he was holding me in the hall.

“What’s wrong babe?” He asked me.

“What’s happening to us Gerard?”

“We’re happily dating, that’s what.”

“And if we break up.”

“I’m not going to turn into Bert that’s for sure, I love you too much and if that day happens I’m giving you a reason for the break-up.”

“I love you Gerard.”

“I love you too. And don’t worry we’ll always be best friends.”

He gently helped me up and placed a kiss on my cheek. I felt guilty for some odd reason; I was in love with Gerard. Or was I? I felt myself asking this question a lot and sometimes my conscience said “no, you love Bert you belong to him.” Damn conscience I could beat it down sometimes. But I still felt like I lied to Gerard.

“You ready to go now?” Gerard asked.

“Yup.”

Then the eight of us had stepped out of the hotel and took the rented van to the hair salon. As everyone but me got his or her hair done I picked up a random magazine and started reading it, one article in particular caught my eye it read: “The Used singer Bert McCracken marrying his sweetheart.” I almost died so much for second chances. If it weren’t for a blond-haired boyfriend of mine walking out in front of me I would have cried.

“What the? Gerard the hair, it’s so bright.”

“But you like it don’t you. Hey what are you reading?” He asked curiously.

“I do like it, you’re bringing sexy back, and I’m reading nothing,” I replied.

He snatched the magazine from me and looked at Bert’s picture and threw it down on the table.

“Well if I were to forgive him, I still wouldn’t go to the wedding. Come on Sherri let’s go next door for coffee, I'll tell the others.”

When he came back he grabbed my hand and we walked in silence