Maybe Memories

Best Friends 'Till the End

As much as I thought that I would hurt her feelings I knew I had to end things between us. It wasn’t that I hated her, it was only that I’ve lost interest. She’s also my best friend I can’t feel love for her in that sense anymore. And I can tell she feels the same, at least I hope she does.

“Gerard, what’s the matter?”

My head darted up to face Ray, I had to tell him considering I have been moping around this morning and haven’t taken my eyes off of the floor for an hour.

“I’m thinking about breaking up with Sherri,” I told him.

“Well if you think that's the best for you guys, heck I think it's the best for both of you guys."

I smiled, I knew Ray always had the best advice, and he always knew what to say.

“I wouldn’t do it now though considering she’s out shopping with Alicia and you know what happens when those to go anywhere together.”

“Yeah I do.”

We laughed at this since the two of them usually find a way to get them in trouble or get distracted by something. And the last time they went shopping together Mikey and I thought they got lost but we ended up finding them in a pet store looking at kittens.

I stood up and stretched then proceeded to walk off the tour bus and across the street to the local coffee shop. I ordered what I needed and went back outside. I was happy to be back on tour again promoting our new album. I wasn't very happy though that I was in the same location as Bert, the one who caused Sherri the worst few years of her life.

I pulled out a smoke and was about to light it when I heard a voice say, “You know those are nothing but cancer sticks Gee.”

I looked down the street to see Alicia and Sherri walking towards me, “yeah I do.”

Sherri then grabbed my coffee and took a sip and gave it back. Then we went to the bus and I followed her back to our bunk and watched her climb in. She then looked at me.

“Yes G-rad.”

I laughed at this nickname she had given me a couple of weeks ago, “when we get to the hotel can I talk to you?”

She then hopped out of the bunk, grabbed my arm and dragged me to the bathroom and closed the door behind us.

“You can talk to me now.”

“Well, it’s about us, I find that we’re becoming not so couple like and I hope this doesn’t affect our friendship but I don’t think we should be dating anymore,” I explained.

She looked at me and nodded in agreement, I thought she was going to cry but instead she hugged me.

“Of course it won’t affect us in any way.”

“Still friends?”

“No,” she said, at this my heart sunk, but she smiled, “we’re best friends remember.”

I smiled and hugged her once again, we then walked out and to where everyone was, Ray smiled, at this I knew he said something to the others. Then the bus started to move and we were on our way to the hotel.