The Journals of Hayden Tanner

Government is pointless

“BAAAAAAH!!!!!”

Life’s just grand isn’t it? You fall asleep in one class all day, and you get the luck of having been assigned the most important project of the semester! And I didn’t get it, because I WAS ASLEEP! Now I’m going to fail epically. But I did here people talking, and it sounds like a partner project. Then again, who am I kidding, who wants to be with the new kid who slept?

It was the last period of my day, Government, don’t ever take it willingly by the way… so I was lucky enough to be the very last one out of school before I had my freak out session. No one looked at me weird, nope :D. At least I thought so…

“Hey! New kid, Hayden right?” some random voice exclaimed behind me.

“”Yeah that’s my name, now if you’ll please excuse me I have to get home.” I replied back hotly. Mostly embarrassed about being heard screaming in the hallway by my locker. So when I turned around to face him and send my evil glare (oh yes, it’s intimidating) I was definitely not expecting Jason Ainsly to be behind me. I ended up widening my eyes and making this very attractive gasp/ gurgling noise.

“Are you okay? I heard screaming so I came to check it out because I’m usually the last kid in here, so I was just wondering.”

Awwww that’s cute, he’s rambling. Because it was so awesomely adorable, it took me a whole long while to reply, while I had a stupid grin on my face. So naturally, it took Jason 2 feet away from me, snapping in my face, repeatedly asking if I was okay, for me to give my reply.

“Yeah! Sorry, I screamed because I fell asleep during my last class and the dumb teacher gave a huge project. Also, I think its partners. So not only am I working alone, I have NO IDEA WHAT TO DO!” practically yelling the last sentence out of frustration.

“… Oh government right? It’s not that bad actually if you’re in partners. I could copy the assignment sheet for you and give it to you tomorrow; my dad has a copy machine. I see you before last period right? Well now that I think about it, my girlfriend Brittany and her friend Jessica were also out, so I don’t have a partner either. So I could be yours if you like… and since you’re new I could maybe show you around town?”

“I was staring, so I think he got the wrong idea… he said that all in one breath! Crazy, super lunged man.

“No, I’d love for you to do that! Thank you so much!” I said before he walked off.

“Oh cool, your house or mine?” he asked

“Your house.” Then we set up some days for me to come over and just like that I had a partner and a … friend. At least until the projects over anyways.

Yeah though I’m not letting anyone over to my house in fear of them running away. Who wants to hang around 9 other foster kids begging to be adopted