Status: Alive and kicking...hopefully

I've Got A Problem

Capitolo 4

Okay, call me crazy, but now I’m getting mixed signals from Looch. He goes from straight up telling me he wants in my pants, to going on a date with Malibu Barbie. I don’t understand. Well, I understand that if I won’t sleep with him he’s obviously going to find someone else to get the job done. I know for a fact that we’re not at the ‘jump into bed together’ point in our relationship. He’s made it abundantly clear he wants to fuck, but I’ve only gotten a few hugs and kisses on the forehead. It’s just…he switched gears all of a sudden and I’m a little lost. Does this mean I should’ve thrown myself at him or something? I’m in way over my head here, guys. I don’t have all that much experience with guys. Okay, I don’t have any experience with guys. At the ripe old age of 21, I’m still a virgin, and if any of you tell Looch I’ll cut you. Maybe I should talk to him about it, but he looks really cute when he’s asleep and I don’t want to wake him up. But at the same time my arm is numb and I can’t feel my elbow.

“Looch, babe, wake up.” I run my fingers through his hair and he shifts around, mumbling something I don’t understand. It takes him a few minutes, but he finally opens his eyes and sits up, wiping the drool from the corner of his mouth. Wow, that’s attractive. He winks at me and gets up and heads for the kitchen. I hear him banging around, opening cabinets and drawers. When he comes back he has a bowl of ice cream and two spoons.

“So, I’ve got something to talk to you about,” he says. I’m all ears, because judging by the look on his face he’s totally serious. I look at him and nod for him to continue.

“Okay, my mom called last night. She was asking about our trip and stuff like that and asked if we would stop by.” He looked at me cautiously before taking a deep breath and continuing.

“Ikindatoldheryouweremygirlfriendsowecouldroomtogether.” It took me a minute to register what he had said. He looked at me like I had sprouted another head when I started laughing.

“That’s what you were worried about? It’s perfectly okay. I’m not mad or anything. What’s with the ice cream though?” He laughs and rubs the back of his neck.

“It was a peace offering in case you got pissed at me, but since you’re not it’s about to disappear.” I snatch the bowl out of his hands and get comfortable on the other end of the couch.

“It’s not in your hockey season diet therefore your forfeit it to me.” I take a spoonful of the chocolatey fudgey goodness. I attempt to tease him and lick every drop of chocolate off of the spoon. He looks at me oddly and I can’t figure out what he’s thinking, but it all becomes clear when he presses his lips to mine. You know what they say about fireworks and sparks? It’s true. Every bit of it. I wrap my arms around his neck and lean into him. He runs his tongue across the seam of my lips, silently asking for entrance. His tongue slides into my mouth and I feel his hands sliding up the back of my shirt. On second thought, I can talk to Looch about his date later.

“Whoa! Sorry guys.” We break apart and look over to see Tyler Seguin and Patrice Bergeron standing in the doorway to the living room. Tyler looks incredibly flustered and is blushing like the virgin I am but Patrice gives us a knowing smile.

“It’s okay. I should probably go get ready for class anyway.” I get up, setting the bowl down on the table, and head to my room to get dressed. I leave my door opened a few inches hoping to catch part of their conversation. Boy am I lucky.

“So, how was dinner with Tracy?” I can’t tell if it was Tyler or Patrice that asked, but all I’m interested in is the answer.

“It was good. I haven’t seen any of my cousins in a while so it was good to see her.” I feel like a grade-A, bona fide, idiot right now. Malibu Barbie was his cousin, not his size two fuck on the side. I feel so much better now. I grab my backpack and head to my late afternoon class yelling a good-bye on my way out the door.

I sat in my Chemistry class thinking about Looch. I probably should have been listening to what chemicals not to mix together so I wouldn’t blow myself up, but I can’t multitask. I pushed Looch to the back of my mind and attempted to focus and take notes. Surprisingly, once I was focused on my professor time flew by; before I knew it I was heading back home. Promising to set up a study date with my friend Ana’lise, I hung up my phone, shoved it into my pocket and walked into my apartment building. I climbed up all 10 flights of stairs to my apartment, figuring if anybody needed the extra exercise it was me. By the time I reached my door I was drenched in sweat and gasping for air. Let me tell you, I’ll never do that again.

I was trying to juggle my keys, backpack, and four books all while trying to open the door. Yeah, that doesn’t really work. I ended up kicking the door hoping Looch was still there. The door swung open to reveal my older sister.

“Oh shit. Let me help you, Liv.” I shoved my books at her and collected my keys and bag off of the floor. “What are you doing here? Just sit those books on the table.” She did as she was told and turned to face me. “Can I not just come visit my baby sister? “ I looked at her with my best not-on-your-life-stare. “Okay, fine. Mom and Dad have been bothering me about dating again. The fact that I’ve only been divorced six months doesn’t mean anything to them. So, I hopped a flight down here. You’re always telling me that I’m welcome.” She then turned her attention to going through my mail. Apparently Pat and Tyler had brought it up on their way in earlier. “Yeah, I did say that didn’t I? From now on forget me saying that.” Danika laughed and followed me into the kitchen, leaning a hip against the counter. “So I talked to Looch today. He’s pretty hot for you, you know. His friend Patrice, he’s a sexy piece of ass. I don’t know how you live with all of this testosterone.” I rolled my eyes and pushed her out of the way. “What happened to ‘I’ve only been divorced six months’? And I do not live with testosterone. He just hangs out here.” She tossed a towel at me and grinned.
“Just because I’m divorced doesn’t mean I’m dead. That boy is pussy-whipped, just fuck him already.” She dodged the plastic spoon I threw at her and I could hear her making her way down the hall to the guest room. She had a point.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry I haven't updated in a while. My twins were born earlier than we'd planned so I've been scrambling around trying to get everything straightened out. Thanks so much for the comments. Keep them coming! Enjoy!