Status: Alive and kicking...hopefully

I've Got A Problem

Capitolo 7

“Oh honey! You are my shining star!” I’m singing loudly (and way off key) to some song on the radio when I hear a knock on the door. Considering I’m elbow deep in pie crust, it’s safe to say they’ll need to wait a few minutes. I grab a kitchen towel and try to get the majority of the gunk off of my hands.

I sling open the door and Tyler Seguin slides inside, slamming the door shut and leaning up against it. He gives me a sheepish smile and I can hear Looch yelling at him from the stairwell. “I don’t even want to know.” Walking back to the kitchen, I hear Sega saying something through the door and then a loud crash. Looch comes sauntering into the kitchen with Tyler in a headlock.

“You almost got me, you little shit. I’ll give you that.” He lets go and sits down at the bar, Seguin plopping down on the bar stool next to him.

“Are you staying for dinner, Sega? We’re having alfredo.” He shoots a sideways look at Looch before nodding in agreement. I can see Looch clench his fists and his face turns red.

“Looch, are you okay?”

He stands up and storms into the bedroom. Tyler looks at me and smiles before motioning for me to go after Milan. “Okay, what is going on with you two?” My eyes find Milan in the dark bedroom. He’s standing by window his hands in his pocket.

“He’s ruining my moment, Scout! He’s taking my moment and stomping all over it! And the little shit knows he’s doing it, too! It’s all Bergy’s fault!” Okay, I am way beyond confused. What moment is he talking about? Did we have something else planned tonight?

“Looch, babe, I’m confused. You’re moment?” In eight steps I’m standing in front of him, looking up (way up) into his eyes.

“Can’t a guy propose to his girlfriend without anybody ruining his moment? No, they can’t make this easy on me. Bergy knew sending Seguin over here would get the job done.” Propose? Did he just say propose? I think I’m hearing things there’s no way he just said propose. Or did he? Yes, he did I’m not crazy. Or am I? Maybe I’m just hearing what I want to hear.

“You could make this easy and just say ‘yes’. We know you, Looch. You would’ve talked yourself out of it if I hadn’t been here.” We both turn to see Tyler standing in the doorway. He gives us a small wave and backs out of the room. A few seconds later I hear the front door open and close.

“You really want to marry me?” Looch nods and looks almost unsure that I’ll say yes. Of course I’m going to say yes. I love the big dumb asshole.

“I don’t know…I mean I always thought when I met someone I’d want to marry he’d actually get down on one knee and ask me. He definitely wouldn’t let some rookie do all of the work for him.” A look of pure determination comes across Looch’s face. I’ve officially challenged his manhood. He takes me by the hand and leads me to the bed. Obviously I think we’re about throw down and get naked, but what does he do? He sits me down…that’s it.

“Oh, I’ll give you down on one knee. No damn rookie is going to show me up.” Sure enough, he gets down on one knee. Then he reaches into his pocket and pulls out a tiny velvet box. I’m not kidding when I say my breath caught. This is some serious shit people.

He opens the box and I lay eyes on the most beautiful ring I’ve ever seen. It’s the ring from Tiffany’s that I’ve always dreamed about. The ring that I thought was completely out of reach. Not so much now, bitches. I’m sorry, that seems a little shallow doesn’t it? That’s not the case I promise. I love Looch, but what girl doesn’t fantasize about what their engagement ring will look like. What girl doesn’t imagine her wedding?

“Olivia, I love you. I’ve loved you since you moved in across the hall from me. I love the way you laugh, the way you move, but I really love that you love me. Never in a million years would I have thought that I’d end up with anyone. I was too focused on partying it up and being a hotshot before now. I can honestly say that you changed me, and I know that the guys are happy I found you. Now, will you pretty please with sugar on top marry me?”

My eyes meet his and I can’t help but notice the tears that rest there. In the span of thirty seconds he’s melted me into a puddle and our entire relationship flashes by. The first time we met, the sleepovers, the hugs and notes we leave each other. I now know what it’s like to love someone unconditionally. There isn’t anything in this world I wouldn’t do for this man.

“Of course I’ll marry you.” He smiles and wraps his arms around me, pulling my lips down to his for a kiss. Breaking the kiss I lean into him and hold him.

“Does this mean I get to be your best man?” I can’t help but laugh at Tyler, who’s still standing in the doorway.

“No, you can’t be the best man. You’re dainty enough to be the maid of honor.”

“Fuck you, Looch.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, so I wasn't too happy with this chapter, and I can't put my finger on why. It's a little short and I'm sorry for that. How would you feel about a Jeff Skinner story? Thanks to all of my readers and subscribers! Keep those comments coming, lovelies!