I'm Holding Out, And I'm Holding On

Five

V.

“Is it really you??” I asked, hoping that this wasn’t a dream.
“Peter Wentz, still to this day I think about you, and here you are!” Erelin said as she gave me that same old smile that I fell for so many years ago.
“Erelin Deang...I never thought I would see you again. When I heard that you married…”
“Shhh.” She said cutting me off.
“Let’s not ruin this moment. I’ve been waiting so long for this. You don’t know how much I’ve been wanting to be with you again.”
As she ended her sentence, she lifted her old, weak hand and grabbed another one: mine. I never thought I would see the day that I would see her again. The last I heard was that she was dating one of my good friends, Michael Way. We ran into each other because of the popularity of our bands, and how much the scene had put us on the top of the charts. When she had left me, I didn’t know what to do. When I found out that she was with him, I really couldn’t blame anyone, but myself. I had pushed her away. Mikey kept her safe. I was just too blind to see that I had to hold on to her. We just sat there watching the birds fly by when Andrew and Sam brought us back to my room. I wanted to show her everything that I had kept of us, including that engagement ring that I had given to her. I was finally happy that she was with me now. Two souls, once together who grew apart, are now back together again..