Status: Active

So There's a New Boy Next Door...Did I Mention He's Rather Cute?

Chapter 1

It was a boiling hot summer day and once again, I had nothing to do. Today was the first Monday of the summer holidays. I woke up this morning to see a moving van outside; I could see a really pretty lady moving boxes and from what I could see another man, who looked to be her husband, was helping her. There were a lot of removal men as well, hauling the heavier objects into the now occupied house. Finally we have new neighbours. The house next door to us had been empty for at least a month. From what I could make out, they seemed to look like very nice people.
As I walked downstairs, I was greeted by my mother. “Good morning Skye, you’re up early.” She said that to me every morning. I don’t know why, but I just naturally wake up early. Unlike my brother Michael, who could literally sleep for most of the day. He was 17 and unlike most brothers and sisters, we were extremely close. I always went to him when I needed advice and vice versa. My mom would often have to lure us out of the living room with food, when we became so entranced in the video games that we loved to play together.
My mom informed me of our new neighbours and told me that later when they had settled down a bit, we would all go to their house and introduce ourselves. She made cookies while I watched TV. When she pulled the cookies from out of the oven, Michael walked into the kitchen.
“Ahhh Michael, I should have known that the smell of freshly baked cookies would awaken you from your slumber.”
He smiled at mom and said, “You know me so well.” He went to pick up a cookie, only for his hand to be pushed away by our mother.
“These are not for you,” she stated.
“Awh, mom,” he said kissing her forehead, while he secretly picked up a cookie and walked over to me.
“Don’t think that I didn’t see what you just did young man,” she was laughing now.
He flumped down onto the sofa next to me, breaking the cookie in half, examining the pieces and giving the biggest half to me.
“Good morning Baltimore,” he said referring to Hairspray and ruffling my hair, before putting an arm around me.
“So who are all those delicious cookies for?” he asked.
“New neighbours,” I stated simply.
“Finally!” he sighed. “New life forms.” We both began to laugh hysterically.
“So...what are you thinking about?” he asked me.
“The new neighbours,” I answered.
“What...you hoping that there’s gonna be a cute guy?” I hit him on his arm as he wriggled his eyebrows suggestively.
“Actually no. I already saw who they are. There’s a man and a lady, oh and there’s also a girl around your age.”
“Seriously?” he asked, his head popping up immediately.
“Nope...I was joking.” He sighed. “You were hoping that there was though, weren’t you?”
“Urm...no.” I could tell that he was not telling the truth.
“Suuuure...” I giggled as he began to tickle me. My mom was used to us messing around all the time and simply carried on with her baking. She knew that we would never hurt each other. It was even more so on Michael’s behalf; at times he could be extremely protective of me. He always got overly concerned about me, especially the time when I had to go to hospital because I fell off the climbing frame. He stayed by my side the whole time and even persuaded the doctors to let him stay there with me overnight. He held my hand through it all, comforting and reassuring me. I woke up the next morning to find him peacefully asleep in the chair next to me. His eyes were al puffy as if he’d been crying. I loved him to death; he was the absolute best brother that anyone could wish for.
I carried on like I would any other day: I watched TV, played on the PS3, went swimming in the back garden and by the time I had read to the end of the next chapter in my book, my mom announced that we would soon be going round to introduce ourselves to the new neighbours. I quickly threw on some fresh clothes before we ventured out of the house, after all I did want to look half presentable at the least.
We knocked on the door and it was soon opened by the friendly looking lady that I had seen earlier.
“Hello,” my mom said politely. “We live next door and we thought that we would pop round and say hello.”
“Oh hello, how kind of you. Do come in.” She ushered us into the lovely looking house. Considering that they only moved in this morning, the house sure did look very homely.
“My name’s Jane, and these are my children, Michael and Skye,” my mom introduced us.
“I’m Sharon and this is my husband Matthew,” Sharon said, gesturing towards herself and her husband. “Our son, Casey, is upstairs unpacking. He’s about your age,” she spoke to me. “How old are you?”
“I’m fifteen,” I replied politely.
“Oh, how nice, so is Casey,” she smiled, clasping her hands together in a pleased motion. “He would just love to meet you.”
“Why don’t you go and help him unpack?” my mom suggested. “I’m sure that he could use some help.”
“What a lovely idea, come with me.” I followed Sharon out of the room and upstairs, after being nudged in the side by Michael as I heard him let out a quiet chuckle. I was beginning to wonder all sorts of things. Was Casey nice? Would we get along? What kind of person is he? What does he look like? Is he cute?
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is my new series, I really hope that you enjoy it. I hope to update it regularly, and I promise that I will really try. It's one of my new years resolutions.
Hope you enjoyed it
With Love,
Evangeline xx