Status: Active

So There's a New Boy Next Door...Did I Mention He's Rather Cute?

Chapter 17

Skye’s P.O.V
I was starting to get worried now. After the song had finished Trent told me that he had to go and find Drake as he had promised him that he would take him home soon as he was getting a little more than tired. I said that I understood and we both agreed that we would have to meet up again soon. As we were saying goodbye, he leant in close to my ear and whispered, “Hey, you never know, next time I see you, you and Casey might actually be a couple.” I felt myself blushing as he grinned and made his way to find Drake before I could protest.
But that leads to the reason why I was worried. I couldn’t find Casey anywhere. I’d looked almost everywhere. He wasn’t with any of the others that we came with, he wasn’t in the kitchen, he wasn’t in the main room, he wasn’t in the garden and I highly doubted that he would be upstairs as it was strictly off limits. I walked to the front of the house to check the porch and the front garden. I couldn’t see anyone out here so I was about to go back inside when I caught a glimpse of a blonde fringe.
Casey.
I walked over to him, relief filling me when I saw that it actually was him. He was sitting on the curb, looking up at the sky. I sat down next to him and as I did he turned to face me.
“Hey, what’s up?” I asked as I nudged him lightly with my shoulder.
“Nothing really, just getting some air,” I could tell however that this wasn’t the full reason. But I didn’t want to push it if he didn’t want to say anymore, so I let it drop.
“Oh,” I whispered. “You know, I was really worried about you.”
“You were? Why?”
“Mm-hmm, because I couldn’t find you anywhere and I was starting to think that something bad had happened to you.”
“No, I’m fine,” he replied and I noticed a small smile make its way onto his lips, which in turn made me smile too. “But it’s nice to know that you worry about me,” he chuckled.
Just then Kyo ran outside with Hunter on his back, both of them screeching the lyrics to “Light Me Up” by Lonsdale Boys Club.
“Hey, are you guys ready to go soon?” Hunter asked us. Casey and I both nodded as the Lutzka’s car drew up on the curb beside us.
“Well that was quick,” sang Kyo, a grin on his face as he attempted to get in the car with Hunter still on his back. We all burst into a chorus of laughter as it didn’t go quite as planned and they both ended up in a pile on the floor of the car.
We pulled up in front of mine and Casey’s house’s and said goodbye to everyone as we climbed back out into the warm summer’s air. As I walked up onto the curb and the car had pulled away I noticed a trampoline in Casey’s garden.
“Holy Gaskarth on a tricycle! You have a trampoline?” I just about squealed.
“I sure do, my dad must have put it up today. Do you want to go on it?” Did he even need to ask? I quickly ran over to it, pulling off my shoes on the way, before launching myself up onto the bouncing platform. I was jumping around like the reincarnation of Tigger (not that he’s dead or anything, because I’m pretty sure that he’s immortal or something. So yeah, maybe not the reincarnation...but you know what I mean. Well I hope so anyway.)
Casey jumped up next to me and we were having such a fun time bouncing up and down as if we were on the “Hassee Bounce” game on Neopets. I don’t know how long we were there for, but the sun was starting to disappear completely and the stars were starting to come out. We stopped bouncing and collapsed down next to each other.
“I’ve always wanted to sleep on a trampoline,” I laughed, still a little giggly from all of that bouncing around.
“Really?” he asked, turning his head and smiling at me.
“Mm-hmm,” I nodded. “I’ve always wanted to sleep under the stars and on a trampoline seems more fun and comfortable than on the floor.”
“Well you can if you want.”
I grinned at him, “really? You’d let me?”
“Of course I would,” he chuckled a little.
“And you too?” I asked.
“Well, if you wanted me to,” he had a hopeful look in his beautiful eyes.
“I wouldn’t have it any other way!” I threw my arms around him in a hug and he hugged me back. “When can we do it then?” I couldn’t keep the ever-growing smile off of my lips.
“Well tonight looks like a lovely night.”
“Really? YAY! Awhh, I better go and get my stuff! I’ll meet you back here as soon as possible.” And with that I jumped off the trampoline waving at him before running off to gather my things.
***
“Where are you going so fast?” I turned around to see Michael leaning against the doorframe of my room, an amused look on his face.
“Oh, I’m going to have a sleepover with Casey on his trampoline.”
“Awehh, that’s so sweet,” he grinned, walking in and flopping onto my bed as I walked into my bathroom to change into some appropriate and warm clothes to sleep in.
“It’s not sweet, we’re friends Michael,” I sighed.
“But you want to be more,” he said simply. I walked out of the bathroom and sat down on the bed next to him. “I can tell you know.”
“You’re like the fourth person to think something like that. First it was Jasey and Hayden and tonight it was Trent.”
“But its true isn’t it,” it was more of a statement than a question. I nodded and he pulled me into a hug. “Look Skye, why don’t you just tell him?”
“I can’t,” I stated simply.
“Why not?”
“I just can’t. I don’t tell people things like that. Besides it would be embarrassing when he tells me that he doesn’t feel the same way and laughs at me.”
“I don’t think he would laugh at you Skye, he doesn’t seem like the type to be that mean.”
“You’re right, but even if we tried to still be friends, it would be awkward and I don’t want to be awkward around him.”
“Okay then Skye, whatever’s easier for you and makes you feel more comfortable. But I do have to say that he seems like a genuinely lovely boy and I have a feeling that he may like you more than you think.” And with that Michael gave me a small smile before getting up and walking to the door. “Have an awesome night okay,” he nodded before walking away. I sat there for a while and then remembered about Casey and the trampoline so I finished getting everything ready and ran over to Casey’s garden with my duvet and pillows after saying goodbye to my mum and brother.
When I got there I realised that Casey was already waiting. “Sorry I took so long,” I smiled, throwing my pillows and duvet onto the trampoline with Casey. I climbed up and grinned at him.
“Don’t worry, I only just got here. Here, you can lay on this with me,” he smiled patting a huge duvet that was spread out on the trampoline. I placed my pillows next to his and scooted next to him under my duvet.
We settled down and looked up at the starry night sky; it was beautiful. I rolled over to look at him and saw that he was already smiling down at me. I reached up and held his newly blonde fringe between my fingers and dropping my hand back down onto him in a one armed hug.
“Why did you dye your hair?” I asked curious.
“Uhm...it was Hunter’s idea.”
“Why was it only you who had it done? Why didn’t Hunter do it too?”
“It’s a little...embarrassing,” he looked down and I noticed him blush a little.
“You can tell me,” I replied quietly.
“Promise you won’t laugh?”
“I swear on the life of Goofy Goober,” I said crossing my heart.
He chuckled slightly before continuing. “Well uhm, Hunter told me that you liked Trent so much because he’s blonde and you therefore prefer boys with blonde hair,” I noticed his blush deepen. “So he told me that maybe you’d like me more than you like Trent if I dyed my hair. But I didn’t want to dye all of my hair, so I only agreed to dye the fringe. And, uh yeah...”
I was looking at him with wide eyes and a grin on my face. He died his hair because of me? “So you dyed your hair because you wanted me to like you more than Trent?” I asked. He nodded a little in reply. “But Casey, you’re one of my very best friends! Of course I like you more than Trent; I mean I don’t even know him that well. And besides, you look perfect just the way you are,” I grinned at him. “Blonde or not.”
“Really?” he looked at me, a hopeful smile on his face and when I nodded he grinned.
I began to feel myself get tired so I snuggled up next to him and I felt him wrap one of his arms around me pulling me closer to him. I was overwhelmed by his lovely scent and breathed it in, relaxing against him. I knew that I was going to drop off soon and that’s the point when my brain goes into overdrive and I begin to think all of these weird and random things just like before I went to sleep every night. And that’s when the idea popped into my mind; the idea that if I were fully conscious I would have dismissed straight away. But seeing as I was in my almost hypnotic state, my mind thought that maybe there was a possibility that it could be true.
Maybe when he was talking about why he dyed his hair to look more like Trent he thought that I liked Trent in a more than friendly way. Maybe he wants me to like him in more than a friendly way.
Casey’s P.O.V
The feeling of having Skye in my arms was beyond amazing. It felt like she belonged there, just us to under the stars. I wish that it could just mean more; I wish that she felt the same way. I still couldn’t believe that I had admitted why I currently have a blonde fringe to her. But hopefully with the way I worded it, it looked as if I only wanted her to like me more than Trent as a friend, not as...boyfriend material. Because that would b awkward, because even though I did want her to see me that way, I know she doesn’t and so I would rather not embarrass myself.
I could tell that she was nearly falling asleep in my arms, but then she said something so quietly that I almost didn’t hear it, but I did. And it was that sentence that made my heart stop for a second and a wide grin to spread across my lips. Maybe I did have a chance, even if it was small.
“And besides, I prefer boys with brown hair.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Drop me a comment? I'd love to know what you think!
I really hope you enjoyed it!
Spread good vibes and stay awesome!
With love, Evangeline x