Status: Active

So There's a New Boy Next Door...Did I Mention He's Rather Cute?

Chapter 6

We had just got back home from the shop and our parents were unpacking the shopping and Michael had gone out with some of his friends. It was really warm, so we decided to go swimming. We decided to go in my pool, as Casey’s pool hadn’t been cleaned or filtered yet. I was in my room changing into my swimming costume and waiting for Casey to come round. Just as I finished slipping on my flip-flops, I heard the doorbell ring. I ran down the stairs as best as I could in flip-flops and opened the door to see Casey standing there in his board shorts and a t-shirt. We walked out the back to the pool, him laughing at the noise of my flip-flops compared to his low-rise converse.
As soon as we reached the pool, I took off my flip-flops and got in, whereas Casey just stood there. I turned around and looked at him wondering what he was doing.
“How cold is it?” he asked.
“Awehhh, are you scared of getting in the water?” I laughed at him. “Don’t you want to get your hair wet?”
With that he pulled off his converse and shirt and before I could blink he had dived right in, getting me even more wet. I laughed as he emerged from the water, shaking off his hair and getting the water out of his eyes. I laughed at his hair stuck to his face, he looked so cute. I smiled to myself and he looked at me.
“What’s wrong?” he asked, looking into my eyes.
“N-nothing,” I replied snapping out of it.
“You sure?” he asked, I nodded in reply. “Good,” then he splashed me. I yelped as it took me by surprise, but I splashed him back. Soon this turned into a full on “Splash Attack” as he had screamed out whilst we were doing this. We were splashing each other for ages, and then I heard my name being called, as I saw someone run across the yard and trip over on the way.
I laughed as I realised that it was my friend, Hunter. “Hey Hunter,” I swam over to him as he picked himself up off of the ground and skipped to the edge of the pool took of his shoes and dangled his feet over the edge.
“Don’t laugh at me,” he splashed me. “I could have hurt myself?”
“Did you?” I asked.
“No,” he beamed. “You have a friend!” He shrieked realising that I was not alone in the pool.
“You make it seem as if I don’t have friends.”
“That’s because you don’t,” he giggled. “I’m joking.” I heard Casey laugh as he came up behind me to say hello to Hunter. “Hello, I’m Hunter.”
“Hey Hunter, I’m Casey. I just moved here, I live there,” he pointed to the his house next door.
“Epic, new neighbours, you never told me Skye,” he splashed me again.
“That’s because you only got back yesterday from visiting your grandparents.”
“That’s true, I forgot about that. That reminds me, I came over here for something, but I forgot what.” Both Casey and I laughed at his short term memory.
“Do you want to use my phone to ring Jasey?” I asked, referring to his twin who was also one of my close friends to help him jog his memory.
“Please,” he smiled as Casey and I climbed out of the pool and over to our towels. As we had our back to Hunter, we heard a loud splash. We turned around to see hunter emerging from the water, hair stuck to his face and all of his clothes completely soaked.
♠ ♠ ♠
4 consecutive chapters (:
I hope that you enjoy it!
With Love, Evangeline x