Status: Hiatus until further notice.

Just Let It Go

One

I felt the blood pound through my head. I took a deep breath, trying to ignore the headache. I opened my eyes and met my mother’s worried look. She had twisted around in the front seat to look at me. I gave her a small smile.

“I’m fine mom, I just have a small headache,” I reassured her. She smiled back and turned back in her seat.

My 12-year-old sister, however, kept on staring at me. I glared back at her.
“What’s your problem, Bethany?” I snapped at her and she shrunk into her seat. She looked away swiftly.

I leaned my head against the cool window, feeling a bit relieved; we had reached Forks. The forest surrounding us blurred by as my father gained speed. He looked at me through the mirror and gave me a small smile which I returned.

Will they all constantly stare at me now?

It was getting darker; the sun had almost fully set. I closed my eyes. I’d keep them closed until we got to the house. I will not open my eyes.

The hour and a half ride was cut in half by my father’s frantic driving. When we reached our small, beige two-story house, I let out a shaky breath. My mother grabbed me by the arm gently and escorted me inside. She was just as eager to get out of the dark and into the safety of our home.

I stood fully upright in our living room. Mom smiled at me.
“You can go up to your room,” she encouraged me. I smiled and walked up the staircase, running my hand against the hard wood railing. The house hadn’t changed a bit. I smiled as I walked up to my bedroom door.

I opened it and my smile dropped a bit.
It wasn’t my old room; it was different. The walls have been painted a soothing deep purple color and the bed now had a flowing white canopy over it. I rolled my eyes. Mother always wanted me to be a little princess. I didn’t realize she’d still do it when I was 17 years old.
My sister peeked in with a sour expression on her face. She was obviously jealous.

“The canopy is over the top,” I said quietly. “Maybe we can transfer it to your room?”
She gave me a smile. “Sure.”

I walked into my room and my sister shut the door after me. She was only 12 but she understood that I needed privacy right now.
I dropped my bag on my bed and walked over to the far wall where my computer desk stood. I looked at the pictures hung up on the wall.

There was I, five years old, dressed in my mother’s dress which hung limply on my small frame. Another picture was of our family in Disney Land. I must’ve been 11. There were many pictures but there were none from when I went to the private school in Port Angeles. All the pictures were old. There were some of my parents, of my grandparents, a couple of pictures of Beth but there were no pictures of my uncle.

They didn’t save any of them. At first I was furious, I wanted to run back to my parents and yell my lungs out but that anger disappeared as quickly as it came. They only did it to protect me.

Soon we were all settled in our dining room around our table. My mother was shining with happiness.

“I’ve been waiting for this for so long,” she said to us. She had tears in her eyes and I frowned.

“Please mom, without the tears,” I muttered, looking away. I didn’t like all those emotions and everything that mother has been showing so lately. She reached out to touch my hand but I jerked it back quickly. I don’t like physical contact.

We ate dinner peacefully with mother and father exchanging a few words here and there. I finished quickly and excused myself.

I thought I’d fall asleep quickly but I didn’t; I tossed and turned half the night.
I thought coming home would make me happy, overjoyed but I felt tense and nervous. I felt as though something big was going to happen.
♠ ♠ ♠
First one.
As always, the first few chapters are pretty boring but keep reading my friends.
I do expect at least ONE teensy comment.
It's not that hard but it means a lot.
Thank you lovelies.