Status: Hiatus until further notice.

Just Let It Go

Twelve

December came cold but without snow. Everything seemed to freeze over. Paul and I continued to go into the woods but not as often. Within three weeks we've gone inside about 5 times. This was an amazing feat for me.

It was the 21st of December, Friday, meaning I had my monthly appointment with Dr. Cullen. Paul offered to drive me to the hospital.

I drummed my fingers against the desk. My eyes kept on flickering to the clock that hung on the wall every few minutes. Our last class ends in less than 15 minutes.

Carrie, a girl that I've befriended since the start of the year, nudged me. I raised an eyebrow in question.

“Let's go to my house after school, Ange and Stephanie are also coming,” she whispered.

“Sorry, I can't go, I've got to go to the doctor,” I whispered back. Carrie made a face. She hated anything to do with doctors and hospitals. Stephanie, who sits behind us with Angelina, spoke up.

“Want us to give you a lift?” she asked and I shook my head.

“Girls!” the teacher snapped at us and we shut up immediately. After she turned her back, we got back to our conversation.

“Thanks but I already got one,” I whispered, keeping my eyes on the teacher.

“From who?” Angelina piped up as she looked up from her phone. She was usually very engrossed in it.

“A friend,” I said simply. Carried smiled mischievously.

“Paul?” she guessed. I nodded and hid behind my hair, knowing questions would start pouring in. Angelina let out a loud gasp.

“Angelina, I understand that biology is very exciting but please keep your emotions under control,” the teacher reprimanded Ange, who rolled her eyes in response.

“Is he going to pick you up from school?” she asked and I nodded. This sent the girls into a frenzy.

“We finally get to see the stud,” Carrie said with a wink. I ran a hand down my face.

* * * * * * * * * * *


I heard the girls giggle as we parted ways and I made my way toward Paul. He was leaning against his car, wearing jeans and a t-shirt. I grew cold just looking at him. He was looking at the ground, lost in thought.

“Hey stranger,” I said and stopped in front of him. My teeth were chattering and I rubbed my hands together. Paul looked up. A huge smile was plastered on his face.

“Hi, cold?” he asked as I blew on my hands. I nodded in response.

“Here,” he murmured and took my hands into his. They felt like an oven, it was amazing. At that precise moment I heard three gasps and giggling not too far away. Paul looked behind me as I rolled my eyes.

“Those are my friends, don't mind them, they're silly,” I murmured. Paul's grin widened as he gave them a wink. I laughed along with him when all of the girls went red. Although I didn't want to, I pulled my hands out of Paul's and got into the car.

Within ten minutes we were at the hospital. Paul escorted me to every cabinet, to every nurse. He even stood by as I was weighed. When I was called in by Dr. Cullen, Paul followed suit but I turned around and put a hand to his chest to stop him. He looked puzzled.

“I can handle it from here,” I said lightly, tilting my head to look up at him. He nodded but his eyes were dark as he looked over at Dr. Cullen, who had seen our encounter. I shut the door behind me and sat down.

“Quite a protector you've got there,” he noted with a smile as he looked over my papers. He started the procedure with regular questions.

“How's the situation with nightmares?” he asked toward the end.

“They're almost fully gone, doctor,” I replied. “I took your advice by the way.” He raised an eyebrow in confusion.

“I can go into the forest now,” I stated proudly.

“With Paul I suppose,” the doctor declared rather than asked. I nodded reply.

“That is very good, support is essential,” he noted. “I think we can stop your regular visits, make an appointment whenever you feel like you need it.”

With that I walked out of the office. Paul's worry lines smoothed over when I smiled.

“Alright? Nothing wrong? He didn't hurt you?” Paul fired questions at me as he looked me over. I frowned.

“Of course not, everything is fine,” I said as we walked out of the hospital and got into his car.

“So we're meeting up on Monday?” Paul asked as we neared my house. I bit my lip.

“I'm sorry, I can't,” I said. “We have to go to some party that the community is throwing, my mother insists.” I couldn't help feel satisfaction when I saw Paul's face fall. Knowing that he wanted to see me was a clue to how much he liked to be with me.

“Okay,” he tried to play it off. “We'll hang out some different time.” I gave him a smile and got out of the car. I could swear I felt his eyes on me as I walked to my door.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D
I know I'm slow >.> but while you wait check out a band called Poets of the Fall.
They're fantastic!

Outfit