Status: Hiatus until further notice.

Just Let It Go

Eighteen

Paul and I watched with amused faces as Angelina tried to stuff all of her shopping bags inside of the trunk of Paul's car. Stephanie and Carrie were sitting inside and annoyance was clearly visible on their faces.
With one final push she got them all inside.
We got inside the car and started out drive back to town. It was one of those rare days when I was willing to go to Seattle and Paul was willing to drive.

"So what did you buy in that last store?" I asked Carrie. She fumbled with her headphones and didn't answer.

"Oh some stuff," Stephanie said. I raised an eyebrow.

"Must be some secret stuff if I wasn't even allowed to go inside with you," I murmured.

"It's for your party!" Angelina said and Stephanie slapped her thigh angrily.

"Great way to ruin the suprise," Carrie nuttered. Paul looked at me.

"What party?" he asked everyone in the car.

"Sophie's birthday is coming up," Carrie explained and Paul glanceed at me again. I stared straight ahead, pretending to be interested in the road ahead of us.

"Why didn't you tell me? And when is it?" he asked, still looking at me.

"Keep your eyes on the road, you'll miss our turn," I just told him. He ignored me.

"Well?" he asked.

"It's not that important," I said simply and gave him a smile; He had grown serious all of a sudden.

"You're turning 18, I think that's pretty important," he said and turned his eyes back to the road.

The atmosphere in the car had shifted a bit and Stephanie decided to break the ice.

"Well anyway, since Angelina blabbed about it, we're expecting you guys down in La Push on March 18th, okay?" she asked us with a smile.

"You don't have to do this, you know," I said to her but she waved me away.

"Oh please, you need to have a party," she said.
We made it to Forks pretty quickly and after dropping the girls off at Carrie's house, we made our way to mine.

"So what should I get you?" Paul asked me. His mood had lifted a bit. "And don't start that 'nothing' crap or I'll get you a toaster or something." I laughed and thought about it. I absentmindedly twirled a piece of my hair when something
dawned on me.
"Take me to a salon, I want a haircut," I declared and Paul raised his eyebrows.

"You're serious?" he asked and I nodded.

"Absolutely.I've wanted to get rid of it for a while now."

My hair was ridiculously long in my opinion. It was up to my elbows and I saw it as a burden.
"Well okay, if that's what you want," Paul shrugged and I kissed his cheek. We stopped in front of my house and Paul came around to open the door.
I got out and waited for him to kiss me but he wouldn't.

"Your mother is staring at us," he murmured. I rolled my eyes but paul shook his head. He wanted to get on my mother's good side.

He hugged me to him and kissed my temple.

"See you tomorrow," he said and let me go.
♠ ♠ ♠
Guys I'm so sorry for the late update but my computer crashed so I won't be able to update for a minimum of two weeks.
SORRY!!!