Status: Hiatus until further notice.

Just Let It Go

Twenty

I rubbed my eyes and stifled a yawn. It was 3:42 AM. Paul has yet to answer my calls or text messages. I was going crazy with worry. I looked out the window. Heavy rain drops were pelleting against it. I was unsure of how a fire could be raging inside the forest when it’s raining cats and dogs.

I paced in front of my window, unable to sleep. I gave up on checking the phone every few minutes.

I opened my bedroom door quitely, making sure not to wake anyone up. I went downstairs to the kitchen and made myself a cup of tea. I was hoping this would soothe my nerves somehow. However, I almost dropped the kettle on my foot when I heard a soft knock on the door. I looked through the window and saw Paul.

I flung the door open and Paul stepped inside. The rain had drenched him. Water droplets were dripping off of his hair. He was shirtless, dressed only in his jeans. I ignored the fact that he was wet and hugged him fiercly. He wrapped his arms around me. I could feel my pajamas getting wet.

“I was so worried,” I whispered to him. Paul let go of me and shut the door, blocking the way for the cold that was seeping in steadily. I left Paul in the kitchen and got him a towel. He sat down at the table and, after drying his hair, looked up at me with a smile.

“Why aren’t you sleeping?” he whispered. I pulled a chair up to his.

“I couldn’t fall asleep, knowing you’re in the forest,” I explained. Paul’s smile widened and he pulled me onto his lap. I liked how easily my body fit against his. I wrapped my arms around his waist and buried my face in the crook of his neck.

“But I’m fine, I’ll always be fine,” he whispered to me. I sat up and looked at him.

“You’re not some superman, Paul, you’re a human, you can easily get hurt,” I protested.

Paul just smiled in reply and hugged me against him. I traced small patterns on his arm as he spoke up.

“It ruined your birthday, didn’t it?” he asked.

“No,” I said. I smiled when Paul shivered as my breath hit against his neck. “It was a great birthday.”

We stayed silent for a while.

“I got a couple of acceptance letters,” I spoke up, remembering the pleasant surprise that was waiting for me when I came home.

“What colleges?” Paul asked. His was absent-mindedly tugging at strands of my hair.

“NYU and cuny Albany,” I replied.

“That’s far,” he said simply. I didn’t know what to say so I stayed quite.

“I don’t want you to go,” Paul said. I bit my lip.

“I know, me neither,” I replied.

“So don’t, just stay here,” he whispered. I sighed and pushed my hair away from my face.

“I don’t want to stay in Forks,” I told him. I leaned away from Paul and looked him in the eyes. “To spend my life in the place that still frightens me.” Paul looked down and sighed heavily. He nodded silently and took my hand, pressing the back of it against his cheek.
I leaned down and placed my lips against Pauls. Bliss was all I felt as I felt our lips move against each other, the conversation that we just had evaporated. Paul pulled away and took out a small package from the back of his jeans. He gave it to me.

I unwrapped a small book. I looked at Paul questioningly.

“It’s about our tribe, the Quillets,” he said. “I think you’ll fine it interesting.” I couldn’t help but let out a small yawn as I nodded. Paul smiled.

“I’d better go,” he said. I shook my head.

“No, no, stay, I’m not tired,” I protested but another yawn overcame me. Paul laughed as I stood up. I walked him to the door.

“Before you go, tell me: what happened in the forest? What did you do? Why did you have to go there?” I asked, remembering the reason for my previous worries.

“Read the book,” Paul replied. I wanted to protest but Paul silenced me with his lips.
I watched as he walked out into the rain. He turned around and said “Happy birthday Sophie” before running off.
♠ ♠ ♠
:]
So I was wondering, If I write a Carlisle story, would anyone read it? I know he's not the most popular character out there.

Outfit