Status: Hiatus until further notice.

Just Let It Go

Seven

Steph4nie92: when r u coming back?

SoSo92: I'll come to school on Thursday probably. How r u on in class?

Steph4nie9: Blackberry can do nething :) ur not coming to the dance, rite?

SoSo92: Nope :( this stupid cold won't let up by tonight.

Steph4nie9: sux. Angel says hi.

SoSo92: :) hello to her too.

Steph4nie9: ooo g2g! Pop quiz! Blehh

SoSo92: lol good luck!

I leaned back and closed our conversation. I drummed my fingers, unsure of what to do. I've been staying at home since Friday and it was taking its toll on me. I was ready to go back to school but mother insisted that I stay home; she, like everyone else, believed my 'cold' story. Thank goodness she wasn't home when I came back the night after the incident with Paul. I've stayed home all this time.

I admit it shook me up pretty bad. I really did have a fever and my mother called Dr. Cullen. He checked me and told her that I would be fine. He gave me a strange, kind smile as he left.

I hummed to myself as I made my way downstairs to the kitchen. I opened the freezer and smiled.
“Thank you Bethany,” I murmured as I took the big carton of Ben and Jerry's Mint Chocolate Chunk ice-cream. It was Beth who was willing to buy me ice cream even though I was 'sick'.
I could already feel my mouth watering. I sat down at the kitchen table after taking a big spoon.
I closed my eyes and savored the first mouthful. I felt like I was in heaven. But of course, all good things come to an end. A sharp knock brought me out of my heaven.

Clutching the ice cream carton myself I went to the door and peeked into the peephole. I saw Paul standing in front of the door. I frowned and refused to open the door. I watched as he nervously rubbed his neck and knocked again. I didn't open the door neither did I move away from it. After the third, fourth and fifth knock I sighed in frustration.

“What do you want?” I called through the door. I saw a light smile grace his face.

“To talk,” he replied.

“We've got nothing to talk about,” I snapped at him.

“I want to apologize,” he said. I chewed on the inside of my cheek, not knowing what to do. I reached for the lock and opened the door, leaning in the doorway protectively.
Paul smiled when he saw me.
“Hi.”

I nodded and saw his smile widen.
“What are you smirking at?”

His eyes shifted to the ice cream and back at me.

“Nothing,” he replied. “I'm really sorry for scaring you, I didn't know you were going to react like that.”

He was still smiling but this was a different kind of smile. It was apologetic.

I nodded. “Okay.”

“Do you forgive me?” Paul asked.

“I forgive you,” I said and offered him a smile. He beamed back and leaned casually against the door frame.

“Let's start all over, I want to make the right impression on you,” he said.

“You made a fine impression, don't worry,” I grumbled back. Paul's smile dropped. He rubbed his neck again. Must be a nervous habit.

“Let's go to Port Angeles, I'm taking you out, we'll go to some nice restaurant,” he said, looking hopefully at me.

I bit on the edge of my spoon thoughtfully. I knew my mother would be furious if she knew I went to dinner with this boy. She'd surely throw a tantrum. He's 'dangerous' as she liked to call the La Push boys. I smiled at the thought of secretly going with Paul.

“Is that smile a 'yes'?” he asked me with a lopsided grin. I shook my head.

“I'm sorry but I can't go,” I told him. His face fell. He started to protest but I looked at him sharply and he stopped.

“Alright, at least you forgave me,” he said and turned to leave. “I'll see you around Sophie.”

I waved and he gave me a friendly wink.
♠ ♠ ♠
:]
Outfit